Page 14 of 137 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by Santana
    1st image was right after purchase

I wonder. Was that original roof a flat top or something? It looks kind of funny and I'm curious if that's a Santana thing or not.

The truck is looking great by the way!

Not an original roof by far. In South America you find all sorts of Frankenstein creations. I think it was local creation and I see a few Santana's here with them. When the Santana model was shipped to South America most had rag tops. Because of the different climates here (read COLD in the mountains) allot of aftermarket tops were introduced. Finding an original Santana top took me about 5 months. Finally found the one on there now in a little town called Villa Vicencia rotting away in a barn. The seats are not original though and I have a Tuffy center console installed as well. The engine hood is from a later model but opted for that because of the size and weight of my spare. Also, have the swing tire mount for a 90 defender model being installed on the back for another spare. I tried to make comprises to make the truck better while keeping it as original as possible.

Thanks. Monday, they finish up electrical work and install the window wipers and washer system. Tuesday, The windows go in on the cabin. Wednesday, she comes home with daddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dunerunner
    OK, a few of mine..

First Land Rover

My current Land Rover

And the work continues....
    ....I'd consider that an upgrade from the previous model!!!!
    1960 Series II SWB
    1994 NAS D90 ST
    1963 SIIa SWB (sold)
    1971 SIIa SWB (sold)
    2000 Disco SII (sold)
    1995 RR Classic (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew IIA
    I got a little more organized with pics. So, here's my ride (I posted some lousy-boring pics earlier in this thread); 1963 SIIA 88" Station Wagon; many upgrades, dents, and lots of 'patina'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skunkal...998247/detail/
    still my favorite Series so far
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Smith
    Is that an axle over? Looks nice a bouncy.
    Yes, the axles have been moved under the springs instead of on top of them.

Here's a clearer pic. It's sitting on 36x12.50x15 super swampers

I had no rear shocks in that video clip, which is part of why it's so bouncy.

Absolutely love the patina and dents!

"Patina" - Love it. That thing is a monster!

rocco, that picture fooled me for a moment. there are no puddles under it! then i realized its not in it real parking spot.

one of these days i'm gonna be hitting you up for info on the cummins swap. i haven't gotten stared with anything except collecting parts, but someday soon i hope. 4bt, nv4500, np205

'91 RRC, SWB (tuned up quite nicely, new water pump, needs radiator repaired or replaced and brakes!) Sold😔
    '74 S III, diesel, 109, rhd, hard top
    (patiently awaiting cummings 4bt, nv 4500, and np200!)
    Finally IN PROGRESS!! Sold😖

Here is my wee beastie. Another two (series lla @ series lll) on the way, when it stops snowing I can get them out the field I found them in.

Nice ride. I like the long windows. Makes the truck look a bit longer.
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper