Page 15 of 137 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Default Checking back in

Just checking back in. Been quite a while since I've posted, works been busy for too long. Dug the rover back out from under the oak tree again, decided to finish version 3.0 the "volver", "rovo" or the "rolvo" don't know which fits better at this point. Current engine volvo b230 with m46 trans. Sorry for the crappy pics, she's dirty and I haven't given her a bath in quite some time. Happy rovering, Jim
    In Vino veritas, In Cervesio felicitas

Nice! I wondered how long it would be until someone stuffed that Volvo diesel into one of these trucks. I really like that motor. How does it go?

Where in Mass are you? I'm 18 miles from the Mass boarder in Cornwall, CT.

I'm near springfield, corwall is NW right? The b230 is the gasser 4cyl, but I'm really looking for the d24t which is the diesel 6cyl turbo, seemingly not so easy to find. The conversion I did uses the same tranny as the diesel and I made two of the adapter gears for the transfer so it'll drop in quick and easy. Length on the diesel is good and it will work with the 4cyl bulkhead. I did the gasser because after reading your story about the mercedes I tried one myself. Version 2.0. Everything worked out nice it was a front filter engine so no bulkhead issues, except in third gear it would slow down, on flat ground. It would have worked except the engine I got from my "buddy" at the local yard had all of 20hp maybe not but it seemed like it. It did turn out to be a 615 engine from an unidentified source, not the 240 it was supposed to have come from, which only cost me $200 at the local mercedes guru to figure out. Kind of turned me off to the mercedes, not it's fault but Jim NOT happy. The gasser has been real nice so far, the shifter is a little floppy but it's peppy and quiet. I have more build pics I just have to transfer them from the floppy disks that they are on(yes it was that long ago). I'd love to see your 617, now that looks like a cool install. This is the time of year I have time to do what I want, I work in the water pumping business so frozen=time off. If anyone is interested I have a 616 conversion kit all done that needs a new home including a IIa trans with clutch slave conversions needed to clear the engine and bellhousing mods to clear the starter. Heres a link to some pics. http://picasaweb.google.com/griffinwerks/Rover02# Thanks, Jim
    Last edited by Griffinwerks; 01-20-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added link to pics
    In Vino veritas, In Cervesio felicitas

Default 1959 swb stationwagon

Just thought I would post a few pictures. When I first brought her home and along the way. jim

Default 1959 swb stationwagon

added pictures

Nice trailer! I've always wanted to do that!

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Here is what I used to have (can't seem to imbed the photos):

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...61&id=24204731

Put on a new frame back in the summer of '02, thanks to the help of Dave Ducat in Lebanon, Conn.

Full album here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...fe&id=24204731

I had to sell it soon after because I went back to get my Masters degree. However, this summer I am making a full-court press to get it back. The current owner hasn't registered it since he bought it in '03 and it sits next to a barn on his property. I shed a tear every time I pass by it on the road.

Dave Ducat with the yellow bug eye!? It's a small world! You definalty had some good help!

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    Dave Ducat with the yellow bug eye!? It's a small world! You definalty had some good help!
    The same. I've met you a couple of times, Mr. Wollschlager, and Dave has always spoken very highly of you.

Dave was an invaluable help during the five or so months I spent, nearly every afternoon, tearing that IIa down and putting it back together. Now that the Masters degree is complete and I have a better-paying job, it's time to get my old Rover back.

Also, I don't know if there's a separate photo page, but here's an album from last year's show at Harkness. Perhaps you'll see yours:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...29&id=24204731