Page 20 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Default Photo sizing and posting

Thompson,
    what threw me was your term of copy image link. I was trying to find that command and finally just went to copy and it worked. But I am still messed up with the sizing as you can see my photos are different sizes and when I tried to add more photos they started to overlap of cover each other. Is there a proper size that I should resize to? And is there a way to add more photos to a posting here i.e. are you supposed to paste at a certain spot on the post in relation to the photos to allow it to expand for more photos?

thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff Pearl
    1969 SIIa 88 ECR Coil Spring Conversion
    North Central AZ

thumb-up

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingCar
    I am a newbie, although I have posted on here before, I have never figured out how to post my photos. So here it goes. This is my 1969 Series IIa that I bought from ECR last winter. They had rebuilt it in '98 with a coil spring suspension, new Turner 2.25 petrol, 5 speed transmission and ARB Lockers front and back. See their link on it at: http://www.eastcoastrover.com/Lmaid88coil.html

So I finally got it to Wisconsin and then got a hard top on it for fall and winter from Marc Waitek at Singing Camel out here in the Middle West. I have since replaced the ECR roll bar with a four post powder coated model and installed a forward facing rear seat, a Pangolin rear receiver hitch, a rear trouble light, headlight guards and put the spare up on the bonnet. I still need to get the hard top repainted to all Limestone and add the alpine windows sometime. I also plan to install rockers on the sides. I run it with a soft top in the summer time and am thinking of replacing it sometime. I call it my mantoy and my college daughter really likes it, so that's cool. One thing really neat is the great people I have now come in contact through this board and I am helping to stimulate the economy single handedly by re-distributing my wealth with Rovers North, Singing Camel, Pangolin, and the most to ECR.

A little history here, I have wanted a Land Rover since I first became aquainted with them at eight years old as a matchbox car in my collection. That and Daktari and Cowboy in Africa made the Land Rover was to be for me. I could dream of lashing down all the gear and going on safari in it. A guy down the street from our house when I was about 11 or 12, had a red Series IIa, I think, and I would always covet that truck as it would pass by. Then later, I hunted in Africa with my father and grandfather at 15 and rode in Land Rovers and Land Cruisers. I rode on the spare on the hood of an 88 spotting game. And I actually got to drive one over there. It was a dream for me. In Africa, when I was there, they called the Land Rover on the hunt the Shooting Car, thus is why I have it as my line. But it took me 40 years to finally get one. Oh, I tried suppressing the dream with a '53 Ford Pickup, an S10 Blazer, two Isuzu Troopers, and an Explorer, but it was never done till I finally got this faded pastel green 88 delivered to my house last summer. It is way more truck than I am capable of needing, but I am sure glad I got it. I have only seen maybe three other series trucks up here in Wisconsin so it is a pretty rare truck up here. And now, I get the nod from other men on the road. Even bikers and we have a log of Harley bikers up here. The nod is that of approval of: wow what a cool truck. I told my wife about this and she just laughed. She didn't get it. I have never gotten a nod of being cool. They say that "value is all things real or perceived in the purchase of a good or service". This is real value for me.

Anyway thanks for letting us newbies follow your tail lights.

I hope this photo posting works.
    Jeff

Hey Jeff
    A fellow midewest roverdude here- I have 3 old series vehicles. I recently also purchased a white carawagon 109 from Marc and his broher down at singing camel. I plan to use the carawagon top for my 67 NADA #2 "continental" conversion. The rest of the truck I hope to use as my farm truck or maybe a complete hybrid project???

Anyways- I am one of those WI rover guys as well... I am planning on taking my NADA wagon up to Suring Wi (about 1 hour from GB)for maple syrup season in a few weeks....

Maybe I'll run into you of these days....

You gotta get the GB sticker- it serves 2 purpsoes- Great Britian and more importantly Green Bay!
    welcome and keep rovering in cheeseland!
    -Tim

Default Badger Rovers

Tim,
    I saw that Carawagon that Marc had at his shop when I went down to Rover Camp last September to get my hard top. It's nice to see some other Wisc. Rovers. I know that IIa Lightweight and LH Drive are down in Milwaukee area. I have conversed with them. We could resurect the Badger Rover Club.
    I work with a Jay Capelle here in Wisc. Rapids. Any relation?

Jeff
    Jeff Pearl
    1969 SIIa 88 ECR Coil Spring Conversion
    North Central AZ

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingCar
    Thompson,
    what threw me was your term of copy image link. I was trying to find that command and finally just went to copy and it worked. But I am still messed up with the sizing as you can see my photos are different sizes and when I tried to add more photos they started to overlap of cover each other. Is there a proper size that I should resize to? And is there a way to add more photos to a posting here i.e. are you supposed to paste at a certain spot on the post in relation to the photos to allow it to expand for more photos?

thanks,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff, I think your photo sizing is good. The 1024 x 768 blows out the side of the forum, but is a nice size - bigger is better as you can see more details. Up to 800px wide should be good to go for max width.

You can post your photos in any location relative to what you are trying to say. Sometimes I post the wording, then the photo. If you linked in your post 10 photos, they would all show up. I think you are good to go.
    Last edited by TSR53; 03-05-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

hey summer69 what do you have on your rear axle, is that a selectable diff lock, if so what brand is it and are you happy with it. i was considering a diff lock but can't really justify a arb or anything like that at the moment

here is my 67 88 sIIa. did a good update last summer. New suspension (Rocky Mt./ OME). Full exhaust, wheels and 235/85s. ECR galv frame. Pertronix, full break system, neg ground, and 2 Thule roof racks. Runs great and is fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Clembs
    here is my 67 88 sIIa. did a good update last summer. New suspension (Rocky Mt./ OME). Full exhaust, wheels and 235/85s. ECR galv frame. Pertronix, full break system, neg ground, and 2 Thule roof racks. Runs great and is fun to drive.
    Looks great ! and my favorite Series colour

In the front-on pic, are the spring U-bolts very long ? or am I misunderstanding what I see ?

Best Regards, Andrew
    '63 SIIA 88"
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/skunkal...7610584998247/

yeah that was last summer right after i installed the springs. Wanted to show off the new u-bolts. ha not really, i just hadn't cut them yet. They are all neatly cut now. I have also relocated the spare about 6 inches higher to give access to the cross member. the grab handles are also black and new stainless hardware on all external

Default New to this site- Hello

I bought a Land Rover series 11a 109
    It has a SBC engine mated to a forward control 4 speed transmission. Pretty rough, but I sure like it.

I am looking forward to dumping $ into it Good thing I am, because it sure needs it

I bought my 1966 2a 88 in Jonesville ,VT in the summer of 2008 to do a frame up restoration on. Since the summer there has been a lot of progress made. It has a new frame under it rebuilt axles and a solid fire wall that I'm finishing up welding soon. its a great truck and hope to see all at the winter romp next year in it, if everything goes as planned!!
    -Ethan
    1966 2a 88' Pickup
    1966 2a 109' Pickup
    2002 F550 7.3l
    1997 f250 7.3l