Page 24 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Default Had to ask.

Grover88,

My apologies if this sounds insane. But the Boston Globe ran an article last week on exotic cars, mostly 1960's racing vintage stuff that are restored by a shop on the north shore. And in that shot, there was a nice IIA in the background. Looks like your car is among some other nice vintage stuff. That wasn't the Rover in the article was it?

In any case, great looking ride. The mid-IIAs with a canvas top are my personal favorite.
    1970 88 IIA

Default Another Rover Project

I've been plugging away at a rebuild of my 63 SIIA for a few years now. I've been making some real progress latley now that I've turned the corner from tearing down to putting back together.

I'm at the point now of new wiring harness and new brake lines. As soon as that's sorted out, the body can go back on.

It all started when I went in for state inspection with leaky seals and sketchy brake lines. Ending up with a total rebuild on a galvy frame. Hoping to have it on the road in a month or so.

I'll post pictures if I can find them....

Thanks for all the advice I've found here. This is a great resource --Dave

Default Some more photos of the 65 IIA SW

Here are some more photos of my Rover. Jack IIA I did not see the article in the Boston Globe but it prob was the place i got it from. They are a high end shop in Newburyport, MA.

Default Link to Photobucket pictures

Here is a link to some more pictures of my Rover.

http://photobucket.com/1965SeriesIIA...view=slideshow

DADAMS - you and I are about at the same point in our reworks. I'm getting ready to power wash '63 SIIa SWB tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DADAMS View Post
    I've been plugging away at a rebuild of my 63 SIIA for a few years now. I've been making some real progress latley now that I've turned the corner from tearing down to putting back together.

I'm at the point now of new wiring harness and new brake lines. As soon as that's sorted out, the body can go back on.

It all started when I went in for state inspection with leaky seals and sketchy brake lines. Ending up with a total rebuild on a galvy frame. Hoping to have it on the road in a month or so.

I'll post pictures if I can find them....

Thanks for all the advice I've found here. This is a great resource --Dave
    Cheers!
    Larry

1963 IIa 88 Station Wagon

OK. Glad to know I'm not nuts, just way too obsessed! FYI, below is the link to the story in the Globe. As well as another shot of your ride. It is in VERY GOOD COMPANY!

http://www.boston.com/cars/gallery/p...o_restoration/
    Last edited by JackIIA; 11-06-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    1970 88 IIA

Default Functional

Yes, it is functional. I had to order the inner part that is normally already installed on the 300tdi. Then the shop modified my air filter to seal off the top edgesw where the air used to come in and now there is a hose that mounts to the top of the filter. Will have to take a picture later.

Parabolics are ordered and on the way...Thanks to Steve from Rovers North!

Quote Originally Posted by nate6472 View Post
    Where did you get the snorkel? Is is functional or just looks? Diesel?

next comes the parabolics.
    [/QUOTE]

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by JackIIA View Post
    OK. Glad to know I'm not nuts, just way too obsessed! FYI, below is the link to the story in the Globe. As well as another shot of your ride. It is in VERY GOOD COMPANY!

http://www.boston.com/cars/gallery/p...o_restoration/
    more photos... [your Series in the distant background to keep the thread on topic] Yes, good company! [in the photo link story there is also a 1972 Porsche 911 RSR, (another 911) and two Porsche 914-6 GTs, one that ran in Le Mans.]

This one is a rare beast.

and this is a tired beast...

Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Yes, it is functional. I had to order the inner part that is normally already installed on the 300tdi. Then the shop modified my air filter to seal off the top edgesw where the air used to come in and now there is a hose that mounts to the top of the filter. Will have to take a picture later.

Parabolics are ordered and on the way...Thanks to Steve from Rovers North!
    Looking good! Post up some photos of your install or after it is all finished. Glad we could help.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

The 1975 Land Rover Air Portable. I use it for my business running airsoft events and just for fun!

Lots of trunk space for GMSOG GEAR!

Car phone

Desert rat

Tail gateing is no longer a problem