Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    Those look like Rocky Mountain door tops on the middle doors on Salem Rover's truck. Were those custom made or are they available through Rocky Mountain?
    They are 2 piece doors that were made by LR for the early defenders. The quality of the AL tops by LR is dare I say a lot higher than wise owl. Not that wise owls are bad, but the build quality on the LR ones are impressive. I am on the road now but can shoot some close ups next week.

Jason

Wow, I never knew land rover made aluminum door tops from the factory. Very nice.

Playing at the local resevoir in New Mexico.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-07-01 23.30.52.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	8451
    /Users/sarahleamy/Dropbox/Camera Uploads/2013-07-01 23.30.52.jpg

1959 SII sold
    1972 SIII RHD 88" (current project!)

Hey everyone, I have been a part of the Rovers North crowd for the past 4 years and have yet to put any pictures of my Rover on here. I have finally fixed my brakes after having the Rover sit for almost a year. I havent been this happy since the day it was delivered to me. I live in Lexington KY and if there is anyone that lives close, I am looking to start a little club. So far the count is 3 Defenders and 5 Series trucks. Anyway I am just excited to let our Rover community see my truck and here what you all think of it. I love the stupid thing, I'm keeping it until I can't drive anymore and then I will just look at it in my driveway.

Name:	IMG_20130809_173119_343[1].jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	8620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130809_173142_661[1].jpg 
Views:	690 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	8621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130809_173006_803[1].jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	8622Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130809_173232_194[1].jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	8623

[QUOTE=wrighthm;95541]Hey everyone, I have been a part of the Rovers North crowd for the past 4 years and have yet to put any pictures of my Rover on here. I have finally fixed my brakes after having the Rover sit for almost a year. I havent been this happy since the day it was delivered to me. I live in Lexington KY and if there is anyone that lives close, I am looking to start a little club. So far the count is 3 Defenders and 5 Series trucks. Anyway I am just excited to let our Rover community see my truck and here what you all think of it. I love the stupid thing, I'm keeping it until I can't drive anymore and then I will just look at it in my driveway.

Nice looking truck. Do you ever take it to Kingsport TN? I'm just up the mountain in Boone NC.
    pb

New to the forum, just saying hello. As I said in my other post - just imported the 109 from New Zealand and it's about to go through a thorough revamp. From what I've read so far this forum is a wealth of knowledge - so I hope I can contribute as I build mine.

As it stands - fully stock '66 2.25L (converted from a holden I6 since it couldn't pass customs with it). Ex NZ government, non-military vehicle. We've got big plans for it, so I'll make sure I keep you all looped in on the build.

Name:	131708_10151149549044667_1348283394_o.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	8732

Some country lane cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by blue bomber View Post
    [
    Some country lane cruising.
    What axles and tires are those? Actu that begs what your whole driveline is. It would be hard to imagine a stock engine turning those in hi range.

Quote Originally Posted by SalemRover View Post
    What axles and tires are those? Actu that begs what your whole driveline is. It would be hard to imagine a stock engine turning those in hi range.
    The drive train is a great combo that has proven very reliable. The engine is a '97 vortec 5.7 backed up with a np435 granny 4 speed. Adapted to the stock series transfer case via an Advance Adapters adapter, 50-9000. I Also added power steering. The axles are stock series housings, with 24 spline shafts and chromoly cvs in the front. ARB's and disc brakes. The ring and pinion ratio is 3.54. Remember that the transfer is under driven. So I really have a 4.03 final drive. 4.70's = 5.35 final drive. With my low ratio transmission and 2.88 "b" suffix gears the rover crawls and hauls!! It's been s great car. Old looks with modern performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    This is a '65 IIA I purchased about 5 years ago and spent several years picking up parts on Ebay and some of the online retailers before turning it all over to Garrett Bourque in Jefferson Maine. After nearly a year at his place, the truck is nearing completion and I will soon head up to Maine pick it up and bring it to Cincinnati where I now live.

Looks fantastic!!!