Page 31 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Dino Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TeriAnn View Post
    I still love my truck and sometimes like a proud Mom, I just gotta show pictures. Even though my baby is 49 years old and has been in my care for over 30 years.

The Green Rover
    1961 Dormobile

Sept 2009

Very cool rover!

This is mine, '69 IIA. We were at our command summer picnic and carshow. Probibly the only show she's ever been in. Just family fun. The dog's name is Bleu.
    Last edited by vansdonk; 09-25-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    Kristi
    1969 Series IIa 109
    1970 Series Wagon
    1974 1/2 MGB
    2004 Disco II-last of her kind

Default What would be your opinion?

(If this isn't the appropriate thread for this post feel free to redirect me)

My husband is in the process of pulling the motor in our 1971 Series IIa. My concern is what color should the motor be? Did I read somewhere that the stock color is the tan color? My husband said it couldn't be red .

We were also curious about the carburetor. The single barrel carb was replaced with a double barrel. Does anyone know if there was a benefit to having the dbl barrel vs. the single?

Thank you
    ........... Love My Rover

Quote Originally Posted by RoverTrails View Post

My husband is in the process of pulling the motor in our 1971 Series IIa. My concern is what color should the motor be? Did I read somewhere that the stock color is the tan color? My husband said it couldn't be red .

We were also curious about the carburetor. The single barrel carb was replaced with a double barrel. Does anyone know if there was a benefit to having the dbl barrel vs. the single?

Thank you
    ........... Love My Rover
    Welcome aboard. Yes, this is the 'Show me a nice pic of your truck' thread.

There was a busy thread on engine paint color a little while ago:

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3720

I'm sure someone here would be happy to talk carbs as well (short story: more barrels in the carb = more and better fuel/air mixture = more get-up-and-go. Also, the intake manifold would have been changed along with the carb.).

Best regards, Andrew
    '63 SIIA 88" SW

If in reading through the Land Rover Series I, II, IIA & III forum you don't find an applicable thread to the issue you have feel free to start a new one. Go to the main page for the afore mentioned forum and there should be a "New Thread" button in the upper left corner. Click on that and start typing away. Course you can always start a new thread jus for the heck of it!

Post some pics too always like seeing a new rig!

Welcome aboard!
    Cheers
    Walker
    1968 Series IIA-"Ronnie"
    88" SW, 2.25L Petrol, LHD

Your message let me with questions. Does this engine have a spin on oil filter or a canister type and does the top of the intake manifold say Pierce?

The 2 barrel carb should have an ID molded to the top. Is it labeled Weber 32/36 DGV, Weber 32/34 DMTL or something else?

The reason I ask is that the Land Rover 2.5L petrol engine is red and comes with a 2 barrel Weber. There is the possibility that someone upgraded the engine in the past.

And yes this is probably not the best place to put this question, but its here and I'll play it as it lays.

Hello TeriAnn, thank you for your reply.

Our Rover has the canister type oil filter and yes the top of the manifold does say pierce. We purchased the Rover from a friend who purchased it brand new and at some point changed out the carburetor to the current one which is a Weber 711 F FB A-2F-16. The motor is the original 2.25L, can't tell exactly what color it was, maybe black or maybe it wasn't painted at all?? Now as of today....... the accessories are black and the block is soon to be RED, I got my way :-). May not be the color most Rover owners would choose but for some reason I wanted the block red.

By the way, a while back I ran across your website and drooled over your Dormobile and envied your adventures, today I am actually conversing with you - how cool is that!

Thanks again!

bear crawl, how do you like your RM parabolics? I can't tell from your picture if you have the 2 leaf rears or the 3 leaf. Everyone else, This has to definitely be the best looking group of vehicles on the planet!
    1956 86" S1
    1957 88" S1
    1967 109" SIIA NADA
    2007 LR3

Ive had this old girl since 1998, she was in LROI shortly thereafter, when the previous owners story was published. Originally imported into Canada in 1958, this S2 spent years on a farm....and was rescued and restored in the mid 90s.

Cool thing is, this is an early S2 and still has the original 2 liter IOE engine!!

still under construction but makes a great boat hauler!

and I had always heard about using the roof as a boat....works like a charm in class 5 rapids!