Page 32 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

mud&rox-

I thought my roof top tent was pretty neat but I'll have to give the coolest roof top accessory award to you hands down![IMG][/IMG]
    1964 Series 2A SW, LHD mostly stock, often runs!

1991 Range Rover Hunter

Mud,
    Where in East TN are you?

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

lol thanks badvibes....crankin in Kpt. but now i dont wanna put the top and doors back on.....booo cold wether

Default '62 Series IIa SWB Safari

Well I finally took the plunge and got myself a Series IIa. Purchased it on Friday from a gentleman who used it as a work truck on a farm for 20 years before he retired. He then restored it and build it up for overlanding with all the bells and whistles. New high performance engine, full syncro gearbox, locking differentials, coil conversion and safari rack.
    Fuel economy is phenomenal and reliability has been very unlike a Landrover.
    My wife and I hope to get this out on a trip soon to see how it performs.
    Thanks,
    Will

Attachment 2185

Attachment 2186

Attachment 2187

Looks very solid!

I hate to burst your bubble, but from the looks of the slab sides and the way those door tops come off my guess is a Series I.

I just don't understand why folks complain about the amount of plastic in new cars! Just look at this one!!

Brent
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Update on my '58 S2. I introduced my truck a few pages back...it looked like this.

Topless

Present state, in order to deal with the frame rot. I think the rust is limited to the rear of the frame (both sides), but I'm going to pressure wash it tomorrow to see for sure. I'm hoping to get away with the 18" rear repair piece.

Both sides look pretty much like this.
    Rich
    '58 Series II 88"

I spy a 912 ^
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976 View Post
    I spy a 912 ^
    A '66 911 actually.

I got the pressure washing done and although it still looks like crap, there were no nasty surprises and I can see what I'm dealing with now.

Frame

Before

After, with a bit of scraping

Another before

After

Next, I ordered some rust converter and rust encapsulator from Eastwood that I'll apply back to the point where the frame will be cut off for the replacement piece and after that's in, I'll finish it. I've never used this stuff before, so we'll see what happens.
    Rich
    '58 Series II 88"

I have been very happy with the Rust Encapsulator from Eastwood. The Converter works well, but only on actual rust. From the looks of the chassis, you have a nice consistent surface rust, so the Converter should work well. See if you can use a wand to spray the inside of the chassis as well.
    For the Encapsulator, the spray cans are very convenient, but expensive. I found that buying a quart and using Preval sprayers is the way to go.