Page 37 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mogly406 View Post
    I just dragged this Rover home last weekend. It is a completely unmolested 1964 IIA complete with Koenig winch and rear PTO. It is a one owner Rover that has sat untouched for the past 25 years. The inspection sticker on the window is from 1982.
    What I'd like to know is HOW did you find it? Man that looks like fun pulling that out of the muck and going through it!
    Will
    '74 109 2.6 RHD

Quote Originally Posted by NepentheSea View Post
    What I'd like to know is HOW did you find it? Man that looks like fun pulling that out of the muck and going through it!
    I found it on craigslist. The Rover was well hidden behind the house, so not visible at all from the road, which is why I think it sat un-noticed for 25 yrs. But believe me, it really wasn't fun getting it out. I hadn't used my hi-lift jack for a while and found out it was seized, so my only jack was a little hydraulic jack w/ very little lift. It took forever jacking the front end up a few inches at a time and blocking to get under the sunk front end. And once I was finally able to drag it rearward a few feet, I found that the left front wheel was frozen. I struggled with it for a while, but in the end the only way I could free it was taking the wheel off and breaking the drum in half with a sledge hammer.
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung

Default Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Rover Fans

Will santa bring you your favorite rover parts?

Now who wants to go winter camping???

Default Northern Nicaragua land rover

Attached are pics of my landi in Nicaragua. Maybe the first on this forum. Cost me 600.00 bucks Looking for a toyota engine to add more hp.

Capelle- Is your exhaust distributed under the passenger compartment or am I looking at the picture wrong?
    1982 SIII 109 RHD petrol project.

Thanks Rob. I found this one near Camden, ME. After sitting for 25 years, it was a real pain to move. The front end had sunk into the ground up to the diff. It took about 4-5 hours of digging & winching to get it on the trailer.

Mogly - great find. any chance you can post some interior shots? just curious, and always enjoy people's picts of their trucks.
    1970 88 IIA

Default 1995 Series 1

Almost daily driver...

Dave

I just dragged this Rover home last weekend. It is a completely unmolested 1964 IIA complete with Koenig winch and rear PTO. It is a one owner Rover that has sat untouched for the past 25 years. The inspection sticker on the window is from 1982.
    Mogly - I have that truck's twin

'67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

Quote Originally Posted by JackIIA View Post
    Mogly - great find. any chance you can post some interior shots? just curious, and always enjoy people's picts of their trucks.
    Sure, below are two shots of the inside. The thing in the back is the PTO that mounts off of the rear crossmember. This thread should probably be moved to the "waiting to be rescued" area.
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976 View Post
    Mogly - I have that truck's twin
    Very nice! Its always fun to find your long lost twin. What's the story behind yours?
    '62 109 - coil sprung
    '64 88 - coil sprung