Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Default haha...

....You guys crack me up! Yeah I liked how the b&w pic came out as well...Thanks for compliments on the truck and the lady friend

well if we're posing our Rovers with girls, I like miine dirty!
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

Default New series owner in NC

Hello,
    Picked up a 1970 Series 2A RHD about 6 weeks ago. The prev owner bought it in the UK back in 2002. He shipped it to the states and drove it in Fl till 2004, in 04 he moved to Boone Nc and parked it till I picked it up. So it sat in a garage untouched for 5 years. He's moving to Seattle so I was able to pick it up cheap.
    Got the truck, hard top, tail gate, wagon door and 4 boxes of misc parts. Some new parts like head light guards, 4 static seat belts and misc filters, gaskets and a fan belt. Also some old parts like all the stuff he took off but never reinstalled....mostly trim stuff but I did get a 2nd hood with the spare tire mount.

The motor was not locked up but all the brake fluid had drained out of the MC via the front brake cylinders. I spent 10-12 hours cleaning all the electrical connections, points, plugs, cap/rotor, drained 7 gallons of bad gas out of the tank, changed the oil/ filter and it fired up. Only spent 31 bucks, most of which was oil and gas, to get it running. It was so awesome to hear it run, purred like a kitten. Having heard it run I didn't mind sinking in a bunch of money to get the brakes working. Replaced all the cylinders, rubber hoses and rebuilt the MC.

It's been on the road the past 2 weeks and has been so much fun to drive. We have a very steep and twisty driveway, the day I finished the brakes we got 6" of snow. Figured what the hell, lets take it out. Very impressed with the 4x4, it tackled my driveway with ease both going up and down.

It's going to be my daily driver, we have a little land so it's also going to help around the house hauling wood. I have a whole list of stuff I want to do so I'll be posting for advise. Let me know if any of you guys are in NC.

pb

Default Wife and kuvasz

Last years British Cars by the Sea
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Default ....Ive seen that ambulance model 109!

Nice pic, I like the trailer and all the toys attached, I think I saw that in Essex last summer?

Default first day....

a little miskept at first

It's got potential! Dash looks abit funky though.
    1970 88 IIA

Love the trailer. I have the same one and their great.

Txffjim,

Looks like you got a good project there. Nice and straight.
    1951 I 80" - Summer driver
    1965 IIA 88" - Daily driver
    1964 IIA 109" - Future project...

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    Who to make my new hero...amcordo or cwagner...
    Actually, I think thats the same lady in both Amcordo's and Cwagner's pics! Maybe she travels from series to series ... a series groupie?? Watch out, before you know it she will be sitting in yours!

Alright...I received the top from Rovers North this week. Thought I would post a more recent pic.