Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Quote Originally Posted by Rineheitzgabot

Seriously though, that thing is dialed in like a short-wave radio. I'm probably showing my ignorance here but, I know it says '74, but the grill looks '71 and earlier ? is that where the "Swiss Spec" comes in?

Nice ride, man!
    Yes, the grill is incorrect for a SIII, I took the artistic liberty to mount a IIa grill. I’ll not claim it’s a total correct restoration, just my interoperation of one. Though fret not, the original SIII “plastic grill” hangs in distinction on my den wall and push come to shove could be mounted on the truck in short order.

<Swiss spec> required the instillation of a Undershield ( gearbox skid plate) sound proofing under the bonnet and rubber skirting within the front wheel well.
    I did not go back with the bonnet insulation, seemed to me it would collect moisture and make the bonnet frame more vulnerable to rot.

you got the old yellow lettering Rover flaps too like me - apparently a pretty rare item
    '67 sort of station wagon (limestone), '65 gray hardtop, '63 blue Station Wagon, '64 limestone station wagon in pieces

the old yellow lettering Rover flaps too
    they look really nice especially on a Series!!

mine are always dirty even just being plain black so I just use the ones from a 110.

Jaime
    One Life Live It

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian1976
    you got the old yellow lettering Rover flaps too like me - apparently a pretty rare item
    Almost…..They’re the newer style oem mud flaps that I painted the lettering on…
    ..( School bus yellow from the local craft store)

The older original style flaps the letters are recessed into the rubber where the ones supplied theses days have raised lettering and the material is not quite as stiff/dense. In truth the front flaps should be about half length of the rear and without lettering. But after installing the lettered flaps on the rear and liking the looks I could not resist the vanity of adding the same type to the front.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne
    Moose,

I noticed that you converted to a "ram air" heating/defrosting system. I'm considering doing this if I can't find a reasonably priced motor to replace my Smith's heater blower motor. What did you use for the scoop?
    Mark, that scoop is off a Rover 3500 car. It was on the truck when I bought it all those years ago. I think it looks pretty sharp, but don't think it has much effect. With the blower motor off, there is only the slightest "blast" of air coming through the system. I think there is a bit of a void in the air at the side of the fender, so the scoop isn't picking up much.

I saw an 88 once that had a clothes drier vent elbow sticking out the side. I probably work great but was ugly as hell.

Brett

Here is my '57 ser1. I use it as my daily runner. Frame up rebuild w/2.25 petrol. Insulated top and doors and high output heater (beyond Kodiak heater hot)

Its not always fun and games, it has to earn its keep too:

Default our '68 ambulance/camper

Canarex tent and a Canadian M101 trailer, works great!
    Last edited by JimCT; 12-20-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Quote Originally Posted by JimCT
    Canarex tent and a Canadian M101 trailer, works great!
    Jim--In that head-on photo...It looks like a cooling fan right behind the grille. Did you change to some sort of front-mount blower? All the ones I've ever seen are of the many-blade plastic variety...
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Default cooling fan

with the military oil cooler and big radiator I take off the mechanical fan all winter , that is an electric fan than only goes off if the car is working hard off road and we are not moving, really helps the heat, and I can turn it off when fording deep water.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

Default Today at HD 105th

Another
    Last edited by LH Drive; 12-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.
    1972 NAS Series 88 SW