Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Work in progress, 1959 SerII

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Mule View Post
    I have a tail gate, im in Boone NC very close to the VA/NC line. What are your plans with the roof rack you took off? I'll also send you a PM in case you don't check back on this thread.
    pb
    Here are some pics of the tail gate. Don't have the chain to keep it horizontal. When I bought the truck he also thru in a wagon door so I've gone that route. Check your PM for more details.
    pb

here is my 1965 series 2a 88", my grandfather gave it to me 4 years ago just to get it out of my uncles hayfield, i spent the past few weeks just recently getting it going, and its now running and moving under its own power for theirst time in almost thirty years.

Quote Originally Posted by feildpickedrover View Post
    here is my 1965 series 2a 88", my grandfather gave it to me 4 years ago just to get it out of my uncles hayfield, i spent the past few weeks just recently getting it going, and its now running and moving under its own power for theirst time in almost thirty years.
    Nice,
    Surprisingly good shape, considering the sit period.
    I kinda like the 'natural camoflauge' patina as well... If you decide to paint it, first get some high quality pictures of it sitting in that old field... they would be a nice keepsake in the evolution of this old girl...

good luck, mike
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

thanks, and yeah it is in remarkably good shape, only the rear frame didn't hold up, i need to replace the frame from the rearmost tubmount back, if you notice its sitting crooked because the drivers rear spring is inside the frame, but it could have been a lot worse, my grandfather had rolled it bre parking it, that's why its got the blue parts on it, i think he was afraid of it after rolling it im planning on painting it black with white or cream top eventually, not original, but i like the color combo, and i haven't seen anyone do it on a rover yet

My two Land Rovers I use for my Company. We use them to move players around the field and all sorts off odd jobs.

Default Getting ready for my sons wedding...

Beauty in the Beast...

Dave

Default Spent some time on the beach

This is a barrier beach in Duxbury Mass. at the end it has a cliff top community and then another mile of so of private beach. Peaceful and well preserved
    Best,
    Mark

Default Here's my Series.

This is my '65 IIA 109. The paint job is cheap and not accurate (previous owner). Runs like a top. Best feature is the original Fairey capstan winch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
    This is my '65 IIA 109. The paint job is cheap and not accurate (previous owner). Runs like a top. Best feature is the original Fairey capstan winch.
    Daktari, welcome to the party. Nice 109er!! Got a better shot of your winch?