Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Quote Originally Posted by crankin View Post
    OK, what is that thing?

That was made up for the Judge Dredd movie. I bet it had a 2.25 in it.

If I recall correctly it was built on a forward control. forgot about that thing, probably because the movie was not worth remembering...

Indeed. What a shame too.

i just recently got 2 series rovers, they are my first rovers, the first one is a 1968 right hand drive 109 inch the second is a 1966 5 door safari model 109 inch, they both are in pretty good shape, the right hand drive has some rust on the bulkhead, the safari model only has rust on the drivers side door, the safari model was restored at one time so the interior looks great! they both run great, the rhd drives fine, i have to fix the brake pedal and clutch pedal on the safri to make it drive, they came with a bunch of extra parts, spare doors, tailgates, hatch door, windows, soft top racks, a soft top, 2 boxes full of new land rover made parts, they also came with old land rover shop manuals dated march 1969, part one and part two
    Last edited by Triumphdaytona2007; 02-06-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Congrats!

My advice, make the 5 door the show piece and make the pickup the piece. I like them both but that pickup looks like it's been through the ringer. If you like pretty, then put that towards the 5 door. If you like fun then put your pick up to the task.

yes thats what i plan on doing, im repainting the truck italian olive and fixing the rust at the moment, its going to be the trail/ fun truck, the safari one will be my show piece, i havent did nothing to the safari yet but take off the front doors so i could see what little rust it has

here's mine. I got it about a month ago. 56,000 miles, great interior, drives, a little smoke on start-up, all lights work, new d/side fender.

The bad

floor on DS needs replacing, pass OK. Door pilar on DS is ok, pass needs some attention. Pulling to one side when braking, so hoses need to be replaced. breakfast needs work. Needs rear crossmember

My issue is that I live in Chicago and have never thought of going 4-wheeling(not that I wont). Ive also owned a nice 77 Bronco. I cant comprehend a car that cant go over 55mph and Ive owned ACVW most of my life. What Im getting at is that this MIGHT become a custom. It really is a nice truck and it might be too nice for me to cut into.

Those seats look PLUSH!

You better at least clean and cover the rusty spots of the bulkhead with some waxoil or something before the Chicago salts arrive.