Page 6 of 137 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Hey LH Drive. Nice tailgate, I'm thinking of fabricating something similar. Any chance of some more detailed pictures? Thanks - Jeremy

Fresh off the truck from transport.....

Two weeks later....

Last edited by crankin; 09-04-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Hi Folks. Here's mine. Not quite so shiny these days though...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Hi Folks. Here's mine. Not quite so shiny these days though...
    Hey Luke!
    Glad you made it to the forum.
    Haven't seen the old girl around much. Hope she's not giving you too much headache.

Was that a suburban I saw you in the other day? To shame!

Cheers,
    Tim

Hi Tim - yep, I'm afraid that was me. Ford Expedition... At least you realized it was me waving at you anyway...

The jobs are piling up a bit. I still haven't gotten around to doing the chassis welding but hey, it's holding together. The engine also needs an overhaul (don't they always). However, in the Expedition's defence, it does allow me to enjoy Land Rover ownership more than before as I've always got an alternative set of wheels and no more frantic weekends trying to finish huge jobs by Monday morning...

Cheers
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    ...However, in the Expedition's defence, it does allow me to enjoy Land Rover ownership more than before as I've always got an alternative set of wheels and no more frantic weekends trying to finish huge jobs by Monday morning...
    Yup, I hear you. On my way home last night I experienced a series of issues right on top of each other. Ended up turning around and heading home in 2nd overdrive because that was pretty much all I had left.

Had to pick up the <sigh> sedan.

I LOVE your dog...and your rover of couse.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcrawl
    Maybe we can make this stick. For me, having just built my fist series, It really helps to see what other people have done with their Rovers. Some ideas I loved and went for , others I thought I would love but put the brakes on after seeing done. Not sure if this has been done but if it become a sticky I will Edit this all out. Guess I will start.

1966 2a Wolf Wheels 235 85 r16. RM Parabolics. Rovers North Sliders
    1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

Mine....

1971 Series IIa Hybrid: 2.5L MILSPEC 5-Main Bearing Engine|Turner Engineering Performance Head w/ oversized hardened steel valves & phase shift/increased lift cam|LT77 Tranny/LT230 Transfer Case|11mm Ignition Wires/Super Coil|Jacobs Ignition/Petronix Ignitor|D90 Axles|Galvy Frame|Old Man Emu Coils|Cust Rear/Side Fuel Tanks|Cust Drive Shafts|

thumb-up My Beastie

Here is mine...lots of pics and history

www.freewebs.com/83S3109

couldn't add any more pics...hit my quota...

Default 67 2a 109

Michael