Page 81 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Series

Holds the wings up.

No seriously they are there as brush guards when greenlaning. They prevent small branches from whacking the windscreen.

They are made from s/s yacht rigging cable c/w adjustable turnbuckles.

Oh, OK, I've seen them before in other photos, and always wondered what they could be for, as neither of my Landies had them.

and here's how it looked 1 year ago fresh off the ship from england
    Last edited by 1968seriesIIA; 04-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Here's my 1968 Diesel Series IIA since last year it has received a new engine, new roof, rear door, and many other small things (still a work in progress).
    Last edited by 1968seriesIIA; 02-19-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Had it about 3 months...much work to do but its getting there!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    No, its not a Jeep...update, actually it is for right now. I am temporarily Rover-less.

1972 SIII 109-sold

Default Great rig

Great looking series iii
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Default 66 FFR

66 FFR via France and Nantucket.
    11,700 miles on the odometer.
    New galv. frame and shocks. Other than some paint, no other resto otherwise. 24V electrics, neg ground. Gas tanks under ft seats. One rifle holder on dash, 2nd serves as a headrest. Full compliment of crusted grease, cracked corroded wires, and oil and coolant leaks. It'll keep my Healey from getting lonely.

Quote Originally Posted by caperover View Post
    New galv. frame and shocks. Other than some paint, no other resto otherwise. 24V electrics, neg ground. Gas tanks under ft seats. One rifle holder on dash, 2nd serves as a headrest. Full compliment of crusted grease, cracked corroded wires, and oil and coolant leaks. It'll keep my Healey from getting lonely.
    Very nice...

Any of the old radio gear come along ?
    ---------------------------
    1961 Ser IIa Hybrid Defender
    1969 Ser IIa Bugeye
    1980 Ser III Lightweight 24V RHD- sold
    1988 LR90 turbo diesel RHD - currently frame off rebuild in progress
    1998 Disco - ex wife :-(
    2000 Disco - RIP , end over end 2.5 times
    2010 RR Sport Supercharged

http://mikerovers.shutterfly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by caperover View Post

Did you buy that out of Littleton MA? If so I was supposed to go look at it at 1pm but you bought it that morning.

Yep. Bought it in Littleton, who had acquired it from someone locally, who got it from Nantucket. Used his 12V F250 to jumpstart the 24V system. Somehow didn't fry his electronicss. Am still sorting out what I'd like to refurb/replace on it. 12 or 24V - maybe a new head - engine bay wiring is dodgy. Humungous generator. Distributor, and plug wiring looks like it was done with 5/8" coax. Any manuals around on 24V FFR systems?