Thread: 1998 tdi 300 Defender 90

Default Defender 90 300 tdi

300 tdi runs great. Has small leak - oil or fuel - I'm not sure. Recently replaced timing belt. New radio with ipod control. No rust, but plenty of dings in body. No A/C. $25,000
    Last edited by 007jlm; 12-26-2008 at 02:50 PM.

I'll give you 8K and NOT call the D.O.T....
    knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com

Sounds like an offer he can't refuse, to me.

Default The DOT threat

Does anyone ever really call the DOT and if so, what do they do? I mean, if the INS can't control the cross-border movement of undocumented people (US census estimates put that number at over 12 million) what kind of effort does the DOT put forward when some one calls to report a black market Rover?

Sure a minority of undocumented folks may get a bus ride back every once in a while after a raid, and sure, perhaps some Rover owners may lose their Rover after a Gladis Kravitz (sp?) information brings on the DOT. But my question is does anyone know how often this actually happens? It interests me b/c I see black market stuff on all the sites (this site, lrx.com, club websites, etc) all the time. I am not minimizing the wrongdoing of what is occurring, I am simply asking if anyone has the actual numbers concerning the incidence of the wrongdoing with respect to Rovers particularly.

I'm not sure I buy ALL the stories I hear about the DOT impounding and destroying vehicles.

BTW, there is a stunning new Arles blue defender 110 TD5 parked just 5 minutes away from my office near Seatac today. I'm not kidding.

I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by 01001010
    I know of one Tomb Raider 110 Crew Cab thats parked in the I.C.E. Department's Parking lot in Doral (Miami, FL) that was seized from a gentleman in Texas.
    i have an idea!

lets steal it, and and vin swap it with an old 109!