Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10-Spline heavy-duty rear axle shafts are coming!

gbr has/had 2 10 spline hd shafts:

To: me
    Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:07 AM
    Subject: Re: Series lockers
    You can use HD 10 spline rear axles but the issue is that the HD 10 splines I have now are very expensive (about $700 per pair). These are extremely good axle shafts and a bit of overkill for most folks. I was selliing some less expensive HD rears for a while but unfortunately won't have these back in stock for several months either.
    when I tried to get some later iun '06 there weren't any available:
    To: ME
    Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:51 AM
    Subject: Re: Series lockers

Matt
    I have production time scheduled in January for heavy duty Series 10 spline axles. I will make a note to contact you at the beginning of February and contact me about the same time.
    Truetracs transfer torque in a very controlled manner and not being a fully locking diff they are not as hard on axle shafts compared to hard fully locking differentials. On the other hand they can transfer a much greater % of torque to a single axle shaft so installing a better axle shaft is a good idea for long term durability.
    I'll talk to you in a couple of months.
    Last edited by yorker; 01-02-2007 at 07:27 PM.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums