Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full syncros in a IIa trans?

While you are at it, why not get some airbags? Add a keyless alarm and door lock system with auto start? Or replace the whole drivetrain with an automatic transmission with downhill assist?

Maybe you picked the wrong SUV. Run off and buy an LR3 and leave the classic vehicles to those who appreciate them.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzop
    While you are at it, why not get some airbags? Add a keyless alarm and door lock system with auto start? Or replace the whole drivetrain with an automatic transmission with downhill assist?

Maybe you picked the wrong SUV. Run off and buy an LR3 and leave the classic vehicles to those who appreciate them.
    Like I said I just want to avoid any damage my wife WILL cause, it is just a matter of time.
    Anything that I do change I keep all the original parts so it can always be switched back.
    If I change to parabolic springs and new shocks does this also make me a pantie waist?
    Maybe I should leave the old cracking wiring alone as well as this is also part of owning a "classic"?
    Why is does it always seem to be newbie's that sign up to a forum and talk out their butts.
    Sorry you have been on the site a month longer than me.
    To me making the vehicle even more dependable and comfortable is part of the fun. You do what you want with your rig and I will do what I want with mine. Unless my mods are so offensive? Maybe you want to buy mine off me to prevent my desecration?

FOR SALE: Rust Free Arizona 71 IIa model 88 67000 miles.
    ONLY $14,000 usd

Fourteen grand seems reasonable.

I'm considering selling my '71 (Trans-African expedition 2001) and I can assure you it will have a price tag much higher than 14K...

Anyone who wants a '71 shoud grab his!
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzop

WTF where did this come from? All he wants to do is change the tranny- it isn't as though he is putting a 454, TH400 and 14 bolt under a Tucker or something really rare... It is his truck and he can do what he wants with it. Get over it, if you don't approve of his plans move on, don't $hit on his thread here. You must really love TAW's 109 or Mercedes Jim's 88...

I see plenty of series trucks with mods I don't like but I haven't appointed myself the Rover modification god. If I want to see something preserved I buy it- those trucks that are beyond my control are none of my business. Sure it would be easier to teach his wife to double clutch and stick with a SIIa tranny but if he wants synchros and is willing to pay for it then why not?!?
    Last edited by yorker; 01-04-2007 at 07:40 AM.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Default yorker

Thank you for your support and understanding.
    I really don't care what he thinks.
    I have been on another vehicle forum for 7 years and it is always the newbie's that always have something useless to say.
    Just trying to get their post count up I guess.

I apologize for the flame. I had just gotten out of an argument with someone else and took it out on you-- not cool on my part.

Everyone on here is a newbie, since they redesigned the boards. I was on the old RN BBS for about 6 years.