Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Got My Lightweight!! Stay Tuned for Project Updates and Plenty of Questions!

Here is an update. I have been spending a lot of time just trying to figure out exactly what I've gotten myself into. The vehicle appears to be 1980 or newer. Unfortunately, this means a metric brake system (MC, lines and junctions are all metric threads). It also looks like I have the newer style stub axles (which take different oil seals). On the plus side, I guess, this thing should have 24 spline axles.

The rear drive shaft is completely assembled, greased & ready to go:

I restored the e-brake mechanism and got it put back onto the chassis:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

A few more parts sandblasted/primed/painted and ready to go. I also completely disassembled & restored the brake pedal box. I'll finish it off with a new master cylinder.

Hi, nice lightweight and great job on the rebuild!

Did not know where you were in relation to the bulkhead. yours looked repairable. In case you are interested. TLR, in Tennessee, has a lightweight bulkhead

www.tntlr.com

At the home page, click on "parts"

then click on "bodypanels"

scroll down "ltwt bulkhead, used"

its $500.00, has a pic.

I don't know much about lightweights, so it may not be the right one, but thought I would pass it on.

Yes, I saw the Lightweight parts that he has, but thanks for the heads-up. My bulkhead is definitely save-able. My hood has a few big shallow dents in it - I would love to get that hood that he has, but shipping would be $$. Oh well, but I guess the dead-flat paint job will hide a lot of stuff.

Here are a few more pictures. I'm having a tough time trying to get decent pictures of a lot of stuff - I suppose because they are black and I have a basic digital camera. I lightened up these pictures to try to show some detail - let me know if they look better than my other pics.
    Rifle holders:

Clutch pedal box components:

Clutch pedal box assembled:

the rifle holders look different? did you use a matt or satin finish?
    As for the other pictures they look about as good as the rest of them....awesome!! At this rate is your truck gonna be done for british by the sea '09??

^^Yes, the rifle holders were painted flat black when I got the vehicle, and looked to be fairly original paint. So I repainted them with flat black. The roll bar/seat belt anchor hoop is also flat black.
    BBTS 09 may be pushing it - I'm realistically thinking September or October.

Quote Originally Posted by jac04
    BBTS 09 may be pushing it - I'm realistically thinking September or October.
    All metal dash?

I'm in the process of restoring my tailgate and pioneer brackets. It looks like your's are intact so I was hoping you could give me a measurement from the bottom rivet center to the end of the strap? I need this measurement to install the new straps I just picked up off ebay.
    Thanks!

^^ My tailgate is stashed away in the attic above my garage. The problem is that the Rover is parked under the pull-down stairs so I can't get to it. If you PM me your e-mail, I have a hi-res picture of the back of the vehicle that should gove you a good idea of the strap mounting.

That is the cleanest gearbox I have ever seen....bar none.
    Travis
    '66 IIa 88