Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Got My Lightweight!! Stay Tuned for Project Updates and Plenty of Questions!

The Allmakes slave is aluminum and moves very freely.
    I haven't had a chance to change out the slave yet, but my chirping noise has been absent for a little while. Last thing I did was lube the end of the pushrod that contacts the clutch release fork. That may have helped a little, but I still need to make the slave 'correct'.

Drove it down to Lake Cumberland, KY for a boat trip. I had so many neck breakers staring at it on the way down made me feel special. Only when I stopped at a red light did I realize they were staring at the underside where hot oil was pouring onto the exhaust just behind the manifold. Flaming rover anyone?

Lessons learned:
    - VERY TIGHT is the level of wrenching required to safely install a oil PSI gauge.
    - NEVER install an exhaust system under the places oil is most likely rain from

nono

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    - NEVER install an exhaust system under the places oil is most likely rain from
    Funny how Land Rover never got that....
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    Funny how Land Rover never got that....
    'Cause LR were 007 DB5 fans....
    Tom P.
    1965 exMoD 109
    1995 RRC LWB w/EAS

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    NEVER install an exhaust system under the places oil is most likely rain from
    That doesn't leave many places to put an exhaust system in a Rover. Are you suggesting an exhaust system that goes through the bonnet and over the truck?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    ...suggesting an exhaust system that goes through the bonnet and over the truck?
    this would only work 'til ya roll it
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

Anyone have any experience with the military hazard/signal light relay as used on the Lightweight?

Every once in a while, my signals don't work - no clicking from the relay for either RH or LH. If I turn on the hazards, it usually starts working. Alternately, as soon as I touch the plug on the relay, the signal lights start to work. I'll double-check all my connections. I just hate to relace that relay if I don't have to - it's very expensive.

it the relay anchored? is the anchor point also the ground? is the ground good?
    '64 Series IIA 88 Canvas Tilt
    '68 Series IIA RHD Ambulance
    '76 Spitfire 1500
    '07 LR3 (Series Recovery Vehicle)

^Yes, yes, and yes (should be). The relay is mounted to the bulkhead. I was very careful to clean the paint from around one of the mounting bolts - the one used as a mounting point for the ground wire.
    Thinking about it, the bulkhead checks out as grounded when using a multimeter (continuity to the negative side of the battery). But, I guess I could always be absolutely sure about the ground and run a dedicated ground wire from the negative battery side to the relay ground wire. Would only take a few minutes and is probably worthwhile anyway since the bulkhead is used as a ground for the instruments.

Default Relay number

What's the Lucas number on your relay, I may have one avail...