Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Introduction

Default last pic- gotta go to bed!

hope these pics help to answer some of your questions about what I've done on the A/C installation and my custom instrument panel and switch labels

Good evening all!

Has that truck ever been outside a clean room? I don't think I could make any of mine look that clean if I spent the rest of my life at it. ANd what is that funy shiny round thing in the second from last photo? Oh right it's that very rare steering wheel that hasn't melted yet.

That is one very sweet truck.

Just a thought. The switches in the above windshield might pose a hazard if heaven forbid you were in an accident. I wonder if they are easy break toggles or if you put them in a weaker base.

I say this because I've been fooling around with the same idea and haven't really figured out the answer. Certainly not a criticism as your truck is absolutely gorgeous.

Tim,
    You are absolutely right about that 'headsore hazard' concerning the O/H console switches. The console is made from 0.063 alum. w/Lucas toggles. I have the non retractable seat belts installed w/shoulder harness though that prevents my body from moving forward enough to hit them - I think... Besides my dash is an all metal 'safety dash' - no way it's gonna get hurt if my skull hits it, probably won't even chip the paint

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie
    Has that truck ever been outside a clean room? I don't think I could make any of mine look that clean if I spent the rest of my life at it. ANd what is that funy shiny round thing in the second from last photo? Oh right it's that very rare steering wheel that hasn't melted yet.

That is one very sweet truck.
    Clean trucks rock!

Default I'm embarrassed !!!

Gee whiz gang, I swear my Rover has been dirty a couple of times Here's some more pics (one when it was wet!) I'll try to force myself to get it dirty and take pics

Default more pics

Default It's all wet!

I humbly submit this pic as evidence that my Rover has been wet before...

Again many thanks gang and good Rovering to all!

Quote Originally Posted by 109 Pretender
    Gee whiz gang, I swear my Rover has been dirty a couple of times Here's some more pics (one when it was wet!) I'll try to force myself to get it dirty and take pics
    Damn that is clean! It is so clean that it looks more like a computer generated photo!
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover
    Damn that is clean! It is so clean that it looks more like a computer generated photo!
    Yep, it's fake. We all know Rover never chromed their shift levers...
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.