Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one getting any galvenizing done

Default Any one getting any galvenizing done

Hello-

Was wondering if anyone is getting any galvenizing done near southern Maine, New Hampshire or Mass. I have a new cross memeber and other parts that I would like to get hot dipped.

I don't know of a place to get it done- Any suggestions?

I know this has been asked before- but maybe someone has found a good galvenizing facility recently.

Thanks-
    Todd
    65 IIA 88
    94 Disoc 5sp
    89 944 2.7L
    1946 Farmall H

I know that its far but there is CT galvanization they do a good job
    http://www.ctgalv.com/
    They are located in Glastonbury, CT
    Good Luck!
    -Ethan
    1966 2a 88' Pickup
    1966 2a 109' Pickup
    2002 F550 7.3l
    1997 f250 7.3l

^^ Is CT Galvanizing still doing small-batch stuff like Rover parts? Last I knew, they said that they were not doing it anymore.

I've used Hubbell Galvanizing in New York Miils,NY. It's right near Utica, NY.

Question, when galvanizing something like a bulkhead, how do you protect threads like the windshield brackets? Do you just chase them with a tap afterwards?
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNY
    Question, when galvanizing something like a bulkhead, how do you protect threads like the windshield brackets? Do you just chase them with a tap afterwards?
    Yes. I'm very curious about this as well. Thinking about dipping a couple of bulkheads (along with a bunch of other stuff) but would like to know the details first.

In my experience, CT galvanizing doesn't want to even spend the time on the phone if you mention rovers so your mileage may vary. They seem to be set up for big projects only so they've had some bad experience I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNY
    Answer can be found here:

http://www.galvanizeit.org/aga/desig...onsiderations/

Quote Originally Posted by KSMTAW
    I know this has been asked before- but maybe someone has found a good galvenizing facility recently.
    See:

http://www.galvanizeit.org/aga/resou...zer-locations/

or

http://www.ovlr.ca/jberg/galvan.pdf
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Drill and tap afterwards. Do NOT put bolts in the threads. They will be welded in place. The only problem with the bulkheads is drilling out the little brackets for the dual A/C vents. I use a very long self-drilling fastener, that I turn with a swivel socket mounted on my drill. Works like a charm.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.

CT Galvanizing responds best if they think they are dealing with a business. Just took a 10 foot flatbed body I made for our work truck and they took it no problem.

Have had lots of rover parts (they can dip a whole rover frame in one shot) and a trailer frame done there in past years. Better not to call, but just show up with cash in hand with your parts clean and ready to go. They don't want to talk shop, they just want to make money. For the most part they do good work for a galvanizing place.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ArlowCT
    ... but just show up with cash in hand with your parts clean and ready to go.
    Did they do your parts 'while you wait'? If so, I'd love to stop by with some parts from my lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by ArlowCT
    CT Galvanizing responds best if they think they are dealing with a business. Just took a 10 foot flatbed body I made for our work truck and they took it no problem.

Have had lots of rover parts (they can dip a whole rover frame in one shot) and a trailer frame done there in past years. Better not to call, but just show up with cash in hand with your parts clean and ready to go. They don't want to talk shop, they just want to make money. For the most part they do good work for a galvanizing place.

Hope this helps.
    Great advise! Thanks.