Thread: hybrid project foundation

Default hybrid project foundation

Anyone looking to turn a Series into a coiler?

Not mine; just passing the link along.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...QQcmdZViewItem

FWIW.....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD

Default A little pricey

For what's shown in the auction one could source the bits for much less. The frame is only 2 grand or so brand new, the rest, well, most of us have at least that much Rover stuff in inventory.

Reserve was less than buy-it-now....

Two grand for the chassis, is about right... I'd say a thousand for a coiler salisbury was reasonable... a front axle from a rangie thrown in w/ it if you think the sals should be less, so that's at 3... A NAS90 tub, with the roof and sides... I don't see why it isn't reasonable to think that it could bring a thousand.... so, you set your buy-it-now a bit high (sometimes it will happen), have your reserve set where it should be, and see how it goes...

Anyway, as a lot, it didn't sell this time, but he did get an offer for the tub and roofs separate from, so, yes, the tub was worth a decent penny. He's gone for a couple of weeks, and will relist the rolling chassis at that point w/o the tub.

FWIW....
    -L

'72 SIII SW 88"
    '60 SII 88" RHD