Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Defender Central

Default Defender Central

Count the Defenders.. Thought this might be fun to share.
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper

i just wish some more of them were over here...legally

Looks like a lot at Solihull...right?
    '60 SII Station Wagon
    '64 SIIA 109 Regular
    '68 SIIA 88 Station Wagon

Oh my...that's just HOT!

Quote Originally Posted by rwollschlager
    i just wish some more of them were over here...legally
    True that. Never ceases to amaze me how many posters in this forum have some 110 with a year other than 1983 or 1993 that try and say 100% legal. Look, if you have to say it's 100% legal in your post, there's probably a very legitimate reason why I should be suspicious. 100% legal goes without saying. Most folks tend to round up, I think, from 42.7% legal to 100% legal.

I agree, though...more here would be a good thing. Canada's import laws are better than ours.

Personally I think another batch of NADA Defenders is due. Now with the new LR owners who knows what will happen!
    '73 SIII 88"
    Turner 8:1 Engine
    NRP Exhaust
    Roverdrive
    RM Parabolics
    OME Shocks
    Warn 8274
    Pangolin4X4 bumper

an nada defender would be good. as long as its cheaper than the ones on ebay and comes with a nice big warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Daurie
    Personally I think another batch of NADA Defenders is due. Now with the new LR owners who knows what will happen!
    It sounds odd to say this, but I don't want another round of NADA Defenders near as bad as I want the existing crop of Defenders (worldwide) to be made more readily available to the American market. While I understand the spirit of the 25 year old import rule, I have to say that I disagree with it in principle.

I'll never buy a new car (for many reasons). I think it is daft and wasteful to produce as many cars as we do. It's not a sustainable practice, supply greatly outweighs demand, and new trucks quickly devalue and become castaway vehicles because the cost and expertise required to service, repair, and maintain them is disproportionately high in relation to the time and money that folks have as the economy contracts. Give me a truck that I can keep for 20 years...then give me another.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe
    It sounds odd to say this, but I don't want another round of NADA Defenders near as bad as I want the existing crop of Defenders (worldwide) to be made more readily available to the American market. While I understand the spirit of the 25 year old import rule, I have to say that I disagree with it in principle.

I'll never buy a new car (for many reasons). I think it is daft and wasteful to produce as many cars as we do. It's not a sustainable practice, supply greatly outweighs demand, and new trucks quickly devalue and become castaway vehicles because the cost and expertise required to service, repair, and maintain them is disproportionately high in relation to the time and money that folks have as the economy contracts. Give me a truck that I can keep for 20 years...then give me another.
    I couldn't agree more. Detroit wants us to bail them out, so they can continue this trend? Not with my tax dollars, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys
    I couldn't agree more. Detroit wants us to bail them out, so they can continue this trend? Not with my tax dollars, thank you.
    Amen.

I know several people that are aware of the big three buying up patents for fuel efficient engines since the 1940's. We were getting 36mpg in 1930. That is a fact. And yet, they want us to believe that in 2008, 78 years later that 22mpg is good? ("Top of its class in mpg," as they like to say.)

I say let them go bankrupt and then let them reform (under chapter 11 guidelines) and start producing some of the fuel efficient designs they have been sitting on for 60+ years.
    61 II 109" Pickup (Restomod, 350 small block, TR4050)
    66 IIA 88" Station Wagon (sold)
    66 IIA 109" Pickup (Restomod, 5MGE, R380)
    67 IIA 109" NADA Wagon (sold)
    88, 2.5TD 110 RHD non-hicap pickup

-I used to know everything there was to know about Land Rovers; then I joined the RN Bulletin Board.