Thread: Heated seats in an 89??

Default Heated seats in an 89??

Hey, so I was in the junkyard looking for seats for my 89, and came across a pair of heated seats in another classic. Has anyone wired heated seats in before? How hard/is it even possible to do? Any feedback would be much appreicated, thanks!!
    Kelsey M
    1989 Range Rover Classic
    1971 Series 2A 88"

God heated seats what a luxury!I am sure you could wire them into yours,can you get the wiring out of the parts truck without destroying it?Probally your best bet.Goodluck Tim

How many miles does the donor car have? I think the higher the mileage the higher the probability that the heating elements no longer work.
    1990 Range Rover

Not sure but the seats are all full of mold from sitting outside and probally do not work anymore. I still wanted to know though because I do need new seats and if I can throw in heated seats that would be a nice luxury to have
    Kelsey M
    1989 Range Rover Classic
    1971 Series 2A 88"

install a 5 prong relay with a control switch similar to the wiring used in fog/driving lights...ie off road lights...
    for better controll it could be wired thru the tail gate defrost or the winshield heater (defrost grid). that way those seats will not be powered unless the defrost is activated and the control switch is turned on.....
    extremely easy.......

Sounds pretty easy, would it be easier to buy the heating element and put it into the seats I have already?
    Kelsey M
    1989 Range Rover Classic
    1971 Series 2A 88"

sure, that way you would know with certaincy that the elements are new.
    the way to wire those bad boys is as you mention quite easy