Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas tank Leak!?!?

Default REPLACE the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by KelseyM
    Getting fixed by the dealer on Monday!
    Cost $0.00
    My '96 D1 went in for the recall. I had them replace the pump as they had to reuse the old one. This can be a real PITA if an old pump goes in a new tank... the tank will have to come out again. Replace the filter too whist your at it. Old filters will can over tax a pump.

Cheers.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.mcguoirk
    My '96 D1 went in for the recall. I had them replace the pump as they had to reuse the old one. This can be a real PITA if an old pump goes in a new tank... the tank will have to come out again. Replace the filter too whist your at it. Old filters will can over tax a pump.

Cheers.
    Yea I was thinking about doing that, but even with the tank being free I still couldnt afford to replace the fuel pump. I noticed that where my nozzle is it seems that they drilled out two holes and f$*%ed it all up, but wasnt about to complain, just happy my tank isnt leaking anymore and it was free
    Kelsey M
    1989 Range Rover Classic
    1971 Series 2A 88"

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.mcguoirk

Cheers.
    You can replaced the pump by through the access hole under the carpet in the cargo area. Shouldn't take more than an hour. If someone tells you the tank must come out, you're getting lied to.