Thread: Replacement door handle? Sites?

Arrow Replacement door handle? Sites?

Hi guys,

I am picking up a 92 RR Country this Sunday and I just found out that the drivers side door handle is broken (it can be opened w/ pliers, so I'm told), so I've been looking for a site that sells replacement handles but w/ no luck...

Anyone know of any sites or companies that offer oem or aftermarket replacement handles?

Thanks!

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum! Range Rover Classics are awesome and have a special place in automotive history.

FYI, Rovers North is the official Classic Land Rover Parts supplier for Range Rover Classic Parts, and has a Genuine Land Rover door handle in stock, ready to ship. Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

MTC6742 DOOR HANDLE LH FRONT Range Rover Classic

[I just performed a quick search using "door handle" and was able find the part you inquired about. Just click on the top header above the forum and use the Part# search.]

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/

ps... Rovers North also purchased the remaining Land Rover Classic Parts inventory for Range Rover Classics, read here >>

###

Land Rover Classic Parts (LRCP), a new name and a new brand, was introduced in late 2004 as a Land Rover business that purchased, warehoused, distributed and marketed Land Rover Genuine parts at reasonable prices specifically for Range Rover Classic (1970-1995) and Discovery Series 1 (1989-1994). LRCP encompassed roughly 10,000 parts numbers, all of which were Genuine, living up to the recognized and trusted Land Rover image of quality parts. Parts that exclusively fit vehicles covered under the LRCP umbrella were moved from Land Rover’s main UK warehouse, to make room for new inventory, to a special LRCP warehouse. Parts that fit vehicles covered both under LRCP and Land Rover remained in the mainstream Land Rover parts program. At the time of LRCP’s inception, Land Rover recognized the strong parts demand for its well-engineered, durable Range Rover Classic and Discovery and their loyal, enthusiastic owners. Land Rover hoped to develop a wider customer base for dealers by increasing product range and variety via a strategic and tactical marketing campaign. A web-based ordering system was established specifically for LRCP that was similar to the dealer’s existing system, yet was completely autonomous and included its very own CD-ROM parts catalogs. The new logistics structure meant that Land Rover retailers who did not register for the program could only buy Classic Parts through authorized LRCP distributors. Another goal of LRCP was to review products that were no longer available and resource parts that were economically viable. It was natural for Land Rover to entrust Rovers North with the first LRCP account in North America in 2005.

At the end of 2007 Land Rover decided to absorb 325 fast moving parts back into its main UK warehouse. Unexpectedly, Land Rover then ordered the rest of the Classic inventory to be scrapped. The news that thousands of Classic parts were about to be destroyed prompted negotiations between Land Rover Classic Parts and their largest customer, Rovers North, to rescue as much NAS inventory as possible. Rovers North’s Parts Manager, Dirk Parkins, and his team successfully rescued a large portion of the remaining NAS inventory and arranged shipment to Rovers North, where it is now safely warehoused.

Rovers North is proud to continue in the tradition of LRCP’s support for enthusiasts by providing quality parts at reasonable prices for Range Rover Classic and Discovery Series I, whether it’s for maintenance, off-road, or restoration.

###

or as it was printed in the news. PDF download (15.6 MB)
    Spring 2008 Rovers North News, page 46
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Thank you very much TSR53! I had browsed through the invetory but I never actually searched. I think that is exactly what I need.

Here is a picture of the RR I'm picking up:
    [IMG][/IMG]