Thread: White Smoke

Default White Smoke

Hello, i have a 91 rrc that blows white smoke. This would be normal in the cold weather but it doesn't go away even after the engine is warm and all. if i'm correct white is just water from combustion that turns to steam. why wouldn't the exhaust be hot enough to burn steam? My only theory is that this summer we drilled out the cat converters and this is allowing the white to get by easier before vaporizing. Any help would be appreciated, should i worry or not? Thanks you

I think white could also be oil burning
    do you get any smell? have you checked your oil levels

Coolant. Slipped sleeve allowing coolant into the combustion chamber?

P.S. Oil is greyish & raw fuel is black.

thanks for the info on the colors, good to know

thanks for the feedback, also is there anything that i can do about the coolant? how bad is it. would radiator sealant be an option? thakns again

Quote Originally Posted by BGGB
    thanks for the feedback, also is there anything that i can do about the coolant? how bad is it. would radiator sealant be an option? thakns again
    Well, a slipped sleeve allows coolant into the combustin chamber. Basicly, the engine is eating coolant. You could try to have a machine shop bore the block and add new sleeves or change motors. Radiator stop leak is a temporary fix (if it even works) and the problem need to be fixed the right way.

That being said, you need to tear down the motor and make sure that is the problem. Hell, you need to pressure test the cooling system first.

thanks for the info. I'll make sure that i get it tested first before doing anything and thanks again for the help