Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Rover Sightings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Land Rover Sightings

"Where do I post a sighting? I was watching some crazy in a hippo suit trying to collect sweat (hippo, not human) and the park rangers were driving him around in a topless TDI Defender 90. It is just a hoot to watch this guy and I was amazed he did not stomped by one of those critters."

Sightings Rules:

Rule #1: All Sightings receive appreciative recognition but not necessarily a mug. We reward only those Sightings that capture the unique qualities of Land Rovers and their owners, and display them in a distinctive way.

Rule #2: Sightings should find Land Rovers where you might not expect them. This rules out Land Rover sales advertisements, off road magazines, British television programmes, British publications, films with British themes, and shows about African safaris.

Rule #3: At an ever-changing date before publication, we close off the Sightings. If we've mentioned the Sighting in an earlier issue, we won't mention it again. If you're new to the family of Land Rover enthusiasts, you may not have seen your Sighting in an earlier issue. Welcome aboard!

Rule #4: We're not outfitting your kitchen. If you qualify, one mug per Sighting per issue.

Rule #5: Sightings that are Land Rover references in books go to our Literary Land Rover editor for mention when space permits.

Rule #6: Psst.. if we can’t read your name and address because of atrocious penmanship we can’t recognize the Sighting or potentially send you a mug. Psst… E-mail submissions – remember we can’t send you a mug via e-mail. Send us your real name and shipping address, too.

Rule #7: Grudgingly, very grudgingly, the Editor admits he might have made an error. Let us know if you think you’ve been jobbed. We’ll review everything but the decision of the Editor is final.

NOTE
    Land Rover Sightings enthusiasts...

This is great you are all posting these here. It makes my job and the Editor's easier so we can see the images posted.

However, the Editor prefers to please remember Rule #6 (the address rule) in order to gain a proper submission. You will need to officially send your sighting to the sightings@roversnorth.com email or can also send an email with URL link of your individual forum posting.

Cheers!
    Last edited by TSR53; 03-29-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Sightings rules added

I edited the Travels, Camping and Stories forum to include a Land Rover Sightings section. I'll make this thread a sticky and you guys can fill it up, preferably with photos, scans of the actual sightings, and camping stories. Please make sure if the sighting is to be submitted for print it will need to be mailed in for scanning.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Heading south yesterday on the corner of Peachtree Rd. and W. Wesley, a sweet Series II/III? passed thru the intersection with no top and it was raining! Awesome. I was a few cars back so wasn't able to get a good look.
    99 White DI SD

My wife and daughter said, "hey Dad! check out the Land Rover on eddiebauer" while they were surfing for clothes on the couch this last Saturday 2/7/09. I grabbed a screen shot of it a few minutes later up in my office on the Mac. Defender 110 sitting tire deep in a creek, loaded up typical photoshoot style with models. The home page image was changed on Monday the 9th.

Cheers, Thompson
    Art Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Default Land rover makes the local news, after police arrest 10

Check out the video link. Its a story about 10 soldiers arrested for lighting off smoke grenade. The cameraman pans the neighborhood, and there sit two Series Land Rovers.
    http://www.king5.com/video/index.html?nvid=381950

Default Picklemobile

Hi Editor,

I spotted a topless 88" series 2 in a pickle commercial, apparantly Andy(as in Andiana?) Jones prefers his jungle ride to be a classic Land-Rover!
    http://www.bicks.ca/en/media.aspx

Pm me for my detail if I qualify for one of those fancy mugs!!!

Cheers,
    Chris

Default The Box

Just saw a commercial for a new movie called The Box. It was a very quick clip but it looked like a Series 3 88 got creamed in a broadside collision.

Bummer.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi

Default Sighting old

This one is from an old movie but I thought it was a good catch. Check the reflection in the window. Movie is "13 going on 30" yes my wife picked out the movie.

Edit. made pictures smaller

WOW....13 going on 30????? And to think I was embarrassed to mention the fleet of LR3s in Made of Honor.

....or the 1997 LSE in "Step Mom" for that matter. What's up w/ all the rovers in chick flicks? Some where out there Steven Seagal must have driven a 109" MOD!
    Last edited by jrd51ox; 12-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.