Quote Originally Posted by florch
I need advice choosing a raised air intake and brush guard for my Land Rover. The challenge is that it's a combination of different styles so I'm not sure what will work best or is most appropriate. The vehicle is British spec and was completely refurbished in England in 2002. Do you think you can help me out identifying the main components/body? My best guess is that it is a Series III Stage I body and dash on a Defender chassis (complete w/ coils instead of leaf springs) with the associated drive train and engine. I want to make sure the brush guard is not too heavy and I would eventually like to add a winch and Hella lights on it. Thanks very much for your help.
Frank Lorch
P.S. I'd be interested in product testing the new locking cubby box too.
Hi Frank, sorry I missed these Qs of yours, I was trying to help you with the photo linking help you needed.

Rovers North suggestions are...

1. Raised Air intake
I would suggest using a Mantec raised air intake for your Defender 110. Because you have wing vents the Defender 90 NAS version will work fine. Mounting the upright tube along the windscreen will need to be modified unless the vehicle has an external roll cage. Rovers North is the official USA stockist for Mantec UK.

MANTEC RAISED AIR INTAKE - DEFENDER 90 NAS

2. Winch Bumper
Camel Trophy style winch bumper with Husky Superwinch 10,000 is my recommendation. Available in kit form or seperately. This is already set up with recovery points to accept tow jaws and other recovery gear.

WINCH KIT HUSKY 10,000 90/110 MANTEC BUMPER

MANTEC WINCH BUMPER FOR HUSKY 8,500 & 10,000 LB WINCHES DEFENDER 90/110

3. Winch
Superwinch 10,000 or 8,000 lb worm gear drive with roller fairlead.

SUPERWINCH - HUSKY 10 w/ROLLER FAILEAD

SUPERWINCH - HUSKY 8 w/ROLLER FAIRLEAD

4. Brush Guard
Mounts on the bumper. Mantec Camel Trophy style. We have this arriving due here on 3/11. If you would like the Camel Trophy Brush guard my suggestion would be to place the order for this now as they go fast.

CAMEL TROPHY BAR DEFENDER 90/110

5. Based on your photos, looks correct for chassis set up, body configuration, engine, and drivetrain.

6. Hella Lights
Depending upon what's legal in your state, a good match with the Camel Trophy brush guard is the new Hella Rallye 4000 series and Rallye 4000 compacts. If you need total waterproof lighting the Hella HydroLUX works. For a less expensive route, the Hella Rallye 1000s are good. Again, check your state laws for installing additional driving lights.

Note: Fitting a heavy duty winch and bumper will increase the weight on the front coil suspension and you might need to install a heavy duty suspension kit, and or springs and shocks to cope with this load.

I hope this helps, please call a sales person with any more questions at 1-800-403-7591.