I installed a rebuilt 3.9 engine in a 1995 automatic discovery 1 about two years ago. The rover ran great and was used as a hunting vehicle and stayed parked at the hunting club. Unfortuntunatly I became over come with restoring a 35 foot sail boat and the truck sat for for a year. Two weeks ago I went to take a drive and low and behold the engine would not turn over. Furthermore I could not manually turn crank shaft over with wrench. The first thing I did was of course have vehicle towed to my garage and took out spark plugs and sprayed PB Blaster down in spark plug holes along with transmission fluid to hopefully free up pistons if and when the cylander walls had rusted. At this time of waiting about a week still no luck in turning motor manually. I then proceeded to drop oil pan and remove new starter and investigate cylander walls for rust. What I saw was not that abnormal so I then sprayed PB blaster from bottom of vehicle onto bearing and connectting rod bearing caps including cylander walls. At this time I could still not manually turn engine with wrench. At this time I then removed valve covers, intake manifold,rockers, lifters,push rods and timing chain. At this time the engine was very clean when I looked inside! Absolutly no sludge what so ever! I could easily turn camshaft with hand but the crank shaft would absolulty not budge. At this time I said to my self I will just pull engine and reassemble with rebuild lube and reprime oil pump. Well of course as all of us know the engine will not turn so therefore I can not remove four bolts that attach fly wheel and drive plate to torque converter. At this time per my investigation the fly wheel, drive plate and torque converter were very rusted. My question because I have read it can be done on chevy and fords. Can I pull the engine with torque converter still attached and hopefully then get all pieces and parts apart and relubed? At this time I would love not to pull engine. Please give me some other ideas and if none available, is it okay to pull engine still attached to torque converter? Thank You for all the help out there. Cheers,Paddy B