Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear hatch wiring

Default Rear hatch wiring

I have replaced my rusted rear hatch. Unplugged the harness on the passenger side, installed the new glass and.....well the new hatch is newer/older style. The plug is not even close. SO I unsoldered the 4 wires and attached them to the new wires and reinstalled the plug. BUT non of the wires are the same color, so I do not know what wires go with which. I have a test light and I've grounded it and turned on the rear defronster switch. Non of the wires light the test light. I'm totally baffled. I'm guessing one is for the rear defrost, one for the rear power lock, and the other 2 wires I have no clue. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Sorry guess I missed the 3rd brake light. SO I"m down to one. BUT need to know how to figure out where they each go too..

i have a 95 classic, i can look tonight and tell you what colors I have and what they are supposed to do, maybe that will help?

Hey Ed, ya that would be stupendous!

ugh didnt get home until super late
    i'll try to do it tonight

ok now i cant get the pictures to load
    basically i have a black wire and a green with purple wire that go to the 3rd brake light

and an orange wire and pink wire that go to the locking mechanism behind the 3rd light

email me at edrice at gmail if you want me to send you the photos I took or if someone can post them for me

hope this helps

ed

what year is your truck ed? Mine is 90. I have pink orange, pink black, green purple, and black, but thats only on the truck side. The gate side is different.

oh mine is a classic 1995
    i checked the truck side but it was rewired due to a short and they are all black except for one red.

the colors i cited are on the actuall lift gate

hey maybe this post will help you
    http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/sh...ht=wire+orange

ED wow. That is great. Thanks for the find.

JP