Thread: Land Rover Defender 110 Pick-up, Diesel, 1983

Default Land Rover Defender 110 Pick-up, Diesel, 1983

California road registered and plated 1983 Land Rover 110 Pick-up truck. Good overall condition. 5 speed with original 2 1/4 diesel engine. New Military spec Michelin ZXL tires all round.

Asking $8500.

Please e-mail for pictures/more details.
    JPDunsdon@yahoo.com

if its an 83 you mean it has a 2.5 L diesel right?

It could be a 2.5 (they look the same externally), but I think I am right in saying the first couple years production of 110/90 used the 2.25. It is the original engine...

As I often am, I may be wrong here too, but I am pretty sure the first 110 was 2.25 litre in Petrol, but the diesel was a 2.5 NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinsjeep
    It could be a 2.5 (they look the same externally), but I think I am right in saying the first couple years production of 110/90 used the 2.25. It is the original engine...
    Easy enough to tell the two engines apart. The 2.25 has the distributor pump mounted vertically on the side of the engine where the distributor would be on the petrol 2.25. The 2.5 has the distributor pump closer to the front of the engine and it is run by the timing belt. The front timing cover on the 2.5 is therefore much larger.

Brett
    Series 3 88 Diesel Soft Top
    Ex-Mod 110 Tdi