Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weber carb accelerator linkage backwards?

I did something like that once, too. Ir was time to complete an annual ignition tune up on the II-A and ordered the parts required from RN. I went through the box and started the job. Just as I"m almost through I realize there is a part missing.

I summoned up my best "stern lecture voice' and called; since it was after 3 pm, I knew the part would be a couple of extra days arriving. I let it be clear, with firmness, that as the Editor of the Rovers North News, this sort of thing should just not happen. After all, it even said on the packing slip that the missing piece had been shipped.

Eric handled it all with aplomb and stated he would research the problem and get right back to me with information. Meanwhile, I set to emptying out the box of all the shredded paper packing and - oops - there was the missing part.

Meanwhile, Eric called me back to apologize for the potential error, but also to note that the shipping crew even remembered the order and suggested that I should look carefully through the box.

"Ahem..." I stammered, I had already and I had found the part. Ever want to take back a phone call?
    Jeff Aronson
    Vinalhaven, ME 04863
    '66 Series II-A SW 88"
    '66 Series II-A HT 88"
    '80 Triumph TR-7 Spider
    '80 Triumph Spitfire
    '66 Corvair Monza Coupe
    http://www.landroverwriter.com

Quote Originally Posted by TSR53
    I was on checking the forum and nicked a whole ton-o-spam, then read your plea. I IM'd Arthur (luckily he was on...) and you just received special Rovers North customer assistance all the way from Vermont > San Diego at 8pm on a Saturday night. We are here to help.
    Which is why EVERYONE recommends Rovers North!

This happened to be my first order, but you guys have a new customer for life.