Thread: trailer light comes on with turn signal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default trailer light comes on with turn signal

'00 Disco II

I bought this vehicle a few weeks ago.

Whenver the turn signal is blinking the "trailer" indicator light on the dash is also blinking.

Owners Manual says this is telling me my trailer lights are properrly hooked up...Only problem is it does it when I am not pulling a trailer.

Anyone have and idea what is causing this?

Do you by chance have an ARB bumper with turn indicator lights? If so the added load makes the sensor think you have a trailer hooked up. I understand that you can get rid of this by putting lower wattage bulbs in .

Greg H

Default yes i do

I do have an ARB front bumper. I think my running lights are wired to the bumper but my turn signals are still limited to the front fender corners but will check.

Your sugggestion makes a lot of sense and puts my worries at ease.

Default trailer light

i have a 92 range rover and the trailer light flashes briefly, one time, when i activate the turn signal, left or right. seems to happen intermittently. i do not have a trailer harness hooked up and i do not have ARB side lights. i always figured it was a "grounding" problem but never chased it down. if you figure it out, let me know.