Thread: Bulb eating Discovery II

Default Bulb eating Discovery II

My wife's 2001 Discovery II keeps blowing tail light bulbs. I've replaced all 4 bulbs twice and they are out again. I checked voltage and have normal 14-15 volts when running. Alternator was replaced a while back but bulb issue occured before and after replacement.

Any ideas???

is there condensation in the lens? corrosion in the housing? Just a thought. I use to have a 00 DII (what a great truck!) that had good 'oll H2O building up from a bad seal on the back side of the housing.

Kept blowing bulbs untill I bought a new lens. I dono, worth checking out
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten should not even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back"

No condensation...dry as a bone.

Yup, my '00 did the same thing, until I showed my wife how to close the rear door, and not slam it. After she got it right, no more blown bulbs. Typical with any vehicle that has a rear door/hatch.
    knowledge without experience is just information.... Mark Twain

www.downeastcoachworks.com