Hey Gang,
Just thought I'd share some good news-
I found a Rover in North Carolina that, baring any major issues, is about to have a new home in Virginia!

Its a 1972 III LHD that appears to be in wonderful condition.

I say "appears" because I am buying it sight unseen, with a catch. When the current owner and I spoke, she mentioned that Tony Kipling from Old English Cars had been doing the service. I know Tony's name as a very reputable mechanic and restoration guy in the area - he is British and specializes in trucks from his native country.

The sale is contingent on an inspection from another guy I trust a lot, Sean Jones from Blueridge Rover Works - I wanted an impartial opinion and Sean has worked on a friend's series in the past.

Assuming it vets out, then I feel great about the price and even better about the the truck and couldn't wait to share the excitement with the "gurus" here.

It felt somewhat bizarre to buy something so important sight unseen - but I had heard many other stories here about other folks doing the same. Finger's crossed that the inspection won't reveal anything that will present conflict.. but I think I'm back in the Rover world!

I'll say "thank you" now to everyone who offered advice during the search...but know this: I'll be asking a lot more questions as I learn and grow with this thing You arn't done with me yet...

Pics here:

The rest of the set - as taken by the current owner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickdaw...7617313714105/

I am curious what people think about the appearance of slights surface (is there such thing?) rust on the transfer tunnel

p.s. I think a guy with a shop called "Blueridge Rover Works" knows what to look for - but anything specific I should request? Compression test for instance?