Thread: seat memory fix for 95 CLWB RR

Default seat memory fix for 95 CLWB RR

Has anyone come up with a way to bypass or jump out the seat memory unit on the 95CLWB RR?
    So that the seat switch works the seat and not the mirrors. I dont care if the seat or mirrors has a memory (I will do the memory bit I think i can manage that part ).

Thanks in advance

Rich

Any luck?

When you have issues with the mirrors/seats on the 95s, it is usually related to the seat ECU (located under the drivers seat). There's a Varta brand battery in there that goes bad from age and wierd things can start happening. Try taking out the ECU to see if the circuit board inside is corroded. If it is, you need a new ECU. If it is clean, it's usually the battery which can be had for $10 or so on ebay and a little time/confidence with a soldering iron. Cheap way to fix it as the good used ones go for $150+ and the dealers want mega $$$ for one.
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...

Quote Originally Posted by 57loboy
    When you have issues with the mirrors/seats on the 95s, it is usually related to the seat ECU (located under the drivers seat). There's a Varta brand battery in there that goes bad from age and wierd things can start happening. Try taking out the ECU to see if the circuit board inside is corroded. If it is, you need a new ECU. If it is clean, it's usually the battery which can be had for $10 or so on ebay and a little time/confidence with a soldering iron. Cheap way to fix it as the good used ones go for $150+ and the dealers want mega $$$ for one.
    I had the same issue and agree with 57loboy. I live in Thousand Oaks, CA and took my module into a company called BatteriesPlus (they sell all kinds of batteries). Anyway they had the 3 Varta batterys and resolderd 3 new ones back in. Bingo everything works for $20.

Paul
    1971 109 Safari Wagon (1 ton chassis)
    1995 LWB Range Rover Classic
    1997 Defender 90 (repaired at last)
    2001 P38A Range Rover