Thread: D110 missing?/hesitating

Default D110 missing?/hesitating

1993 NAS Defender;has a jerkiness/missing always between 2600 and 3000 rpm.Never there at lower revs,disappears as the revs drop or increase.In all gears,hot or cold.

Distributor cap and rotor is relatively new and looks good, plugs and plug wires are new. Fuel filter is 1year old. Coil is 10 years old. ignition module is 11 years old.Everything else original.

Any ideas/help please!!

Abraham

Check your catalitic converter (does it rattle?), are the fuel injectors clogged? Run some Tecron fuel injector cleaner through it.

Default same problem

but I noticed that it only happens with some additional electrical load...ie if I have my headlights on or the AC blowing...

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by NAS110
    but I noticed that it only happens with some additional electrical load...ie if I have my headlights on or the AC blowing...

Can anyone help?
    In your case it's likely the alternator not putting out enough and the system voltage is dropping. I just read and answer your non start post. Add to what I said there get the alternator checked.

John

if it was a power supply issue, alternator not keeping up with the load, would i see the battery gauge drop during the time of hesitation?

Note, that my other post is actually regarding another 110 that I am babysitting that just happened to "die" on me.

I had a same problems, i just put in a fuel injection clearner, it got a better, do you have a misfire? I think the fuel injection is clog? Please let me know if you found out anything, thanks!

Bone

Well I got mine fixed, it was a leak at the intake...