Thread: Hood Release 95 Disco

Default Hood Release 95 Disco

Hi All
    I'm new, just bought a 95 Disco, been sitting up since...2004! Any way after cleaning the cob webs and a few dirt dobber nests, I tried to pop the hood (it was opened by the previous owner before i bought it) and i cannot open it...i can't pull it so that the lock pops. I don't want to break anything, but I need to get this fixed for sure...anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by PopsDiscoI; 05-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Sounds like it needs a new cable... pull the wire with vice grips and plan to buy a new cable.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

OK, thanks, will do

Quote Originally Posted by Joey4420
    ... pull the wire with vice grips ...
    Once it's open, give the works a severe soaking of penetrating oil. Get the latch and into the sheath of the hood release cable. Work it with the vice grips, soak it again, let it sit.

It may loosen it up enough to operate reliably.

Default It gets worse!!

I did the pull with the vice grips and nothing...further investigation: the cable is ok, I can see it moving on the far side of the "box" that the release is located in. Somehow, it must have become disengaged and well I don't have a clue now. I called the New Orleans Land Rover dealer in hopes of talking to someone, but the receptionist just told me to bring it in and they would look at it. Not ready for the possibility of a big $ bill for this yet.
    Is there any one who knows of any way to pop the hood other than the cable? Any emergency method?
    Thanks to anyone with any ideas or thoughts!