Thread: 1995 Defender 90 Bestop Soft Top Question

Default 1995 Defender 90 Bestop Soft Top Question

I recently purchased a 1995 Defender 90 from an estate. The auto came with an original soft top and hard top. I put the soft top on this weekend and it appears I am missing some parts. The settler of the estate sends me parts out of the deceased's garage when I can tell him what I am looking for. I appear to be missing something that would go around the glass windows that would allow the soft top to snap on. It appears to be a bar that would take about 5 snaps that would seal the top and rear of the window. I cannot find a diagram at rovers north, or anywhere else, that might suggest what I am missing. If I can describe it, or get a picture of it, I suspect it can be found in the deceased's garage. Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you!

Default soft top

Quote Originally Posted by PDX Bolt
    I recently purchased a 1995 Defender 90 from an estate. The auto came with an original soft top and hard top. I put the soft top on this weekend and it appears I am missing some parts. The settler of the estate sends me parts out of the deceased's garage when I can tell him what I am looking for. I appear to be missing something that would go around the glass windows that would allow the soft top to snap on. It appears to be a bar that would take about 5 snaps that would seal the top and rear of the window. I cannot find a diagram at rovers north, or anywhere else, that might suggest what I am missing. If I can describe it, or get a picture of it, I suspect it can be found in the deceased's garage. Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you!
    Chris at Badgercoach works is a wealth of information on soft tops.
    Best to email him