Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what color is this stage one?

Default what color is this stage one?

I saw this '81 Stage one and liked the color.
    Anyone know what this one is?

Looks a little different that deep bronze green to me?

Looks pretty much like my son's Stage One, which is Lincoln Green.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantate
    I saw this '81 Stage one and liked the color.
    Anyone know what this one is?

Looks a little different that deep bronze green to me?
    Hey they stole my truck!! Sure looks like Lincoln Green to me.
    "A deep respect for tradition allows vision for liberation from stagnation."
    1983 V8 109
    1997 Discovery XD
    1972 SIII 88SW
    1969 SIIA 88 Pickup(Crushed)

nice! Any more pics to share?

I am thinking hard about this color, would help to see a few shots...."purdy please"....

Sure.

It's a factory Land Rover color, but I don't think it ever came on Series trucks or Defenders. The first Range Rover Classics were done in Lincoln Green. What truck are you painting? Would be cool to see more series rigs in this color, I think it is the best looking of all the LR greens.
    "A deep respect for tradition allows vision for liberation from stagnation."
    1983 V8 109
    1997 Discovery XD
    1972 SIII 88SW
    1969 SIIA 88 Pickup(Crushed)

I have a NADA 109 that I am "redoing". Not quite sure where I am going with it now. I have planned a 4.6 auto on a 110 frame. I am worried about keeping the Breakfast as the 4.6 get very hot. (thats what I have in my d90)
    Keeping it cool is a concern, I was test fitting the new engine and trans in and felt it would be so much easier to make it like a stage one to have as much room for a radiator.
    Granted I like the original look, but I am trying to be practical at this point and use what components and parts I have at hand and make something practical that the family can enjoy. My original color is Poppy Red, I love the patina they get as they age, but a new Poppy Red will be a bit "sparkly" for what I had in mind....
    So, I am a little all over the place with my project until I learn a little more and hone in on what will make the best sense for me and the project

Bryante,
    Bear in mind that if you convert to power steering and thus get rid of the relay in the front cross member you will free up a lot of room for a big radiator. I did that for my 109 rebuild with a Chevy 292 straight 6.

I put a rover PS box on the 110 frame and test fitted the breakfast with the stock radiator attached. The radiator and the power steering interfere with each other. So no way I can use a stock radiator. I guess I could look into the scout PS box if I had to.

Scout, Toyota or even RR P38 for the PS box. I have a big radiator from Summit that I would need to dig out the info on. Of course, I then cut away all the rover duct work from behind the front face of the breakfast and made up a new one to fit. Worked a charm.

is the P38 mounted on the outside of the frame? I used a disco/defender box.
    I hadn't thought of that one...