Thread: New Ign. Wires, reset check eng. light??

Default New Ign. Wires, reset check eng. light??

I just replaced my ignition wires (fun!) on 1999 DII due to a misfire on #3 cylinder.
    Engine was missing of course. New wires are installed and it is running great...but the yellow Service Engine Soon light is still illuminated.

Do I need to hook up an ODBII to reset or is there is it possible to reset otherwise? Maybe there is still an issue but, damn, it is running sweet.

Thoughts?

Get the codes pulled at your local auto parts store and let us know what the codes are.
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

What about the plugs? did you at least check the condition?
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten should not even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back"

Quote Originally Posted by Joey4420 View Post
    Get the codes pulled at your local auto parts store and let us know what the codes are.
    find out what the code is before lining the pockets of every rover vendor out there selling stuff on assumptions.
    2004 DII HSE for my girlfriend, no mods, yet...
    other cars and trucks, but this is a rover board.

I would advise to buy the ODBII reader. I have the yellow light from the day I bought the car. If I bought ODBII tester right away I would probably diagnose the issue and would save some money. I did full tuneup and still check service soon comes up. Now I know that it relates to emission. So far I replaced oxygen sensors (4) two at the front and 2 at the back. I need to repalce SAI. I replaced on the right, but the left need to be replaced as well.

I would also sugest to clean fuel injectors, you never know what gas was used. I myself untill recently was using the chipest one.