Thread: Locally available coil recommendations?

Default Locally available coil recommendations?

I checked out a few threads on alternate coils with someone mentioning using one from a mid 70's Dodge with an internal ballast resister. I've tried locally to no avail as I can't get ahold of a counter guy with enough knowledge to be able to understand without going to his computer.

I'm converting my 24v truck to unshielded civilian components. I'll be placing an order once I get all the kinks ironed out and get my truck running again for OEM coil and plug wires, but I just want something quick to get back on the road and work out the kinks. Then I'll probably even upgrade to petronix.

Any additional details on this Dodge coil part # or model/year of Dodge car? And I'm assuming this coil works on points and/or petronix type of system?

Thanks all!
    1966 IIa - ex-MOD, ex-FFR, ex-24v
    1997 Discovery SE7 - I'm empty inside without her

most dodges are external resistor?, the 1973 and earlier chevy coil for 6 or 8 cyl is an internal resistor coil and should be available in any parts store and should work fine, personaly i use bosch super coil available in a foriegn auto parts supplier.