Thread: How to program new remote

Default How to program new remote

I bought blank key, and locksmith was able to make the copy from original. How do I program the remote?

visit the dealer or someone with Testbook or autologic computer
    Joey
    97 Disco
    10 MCCSm
    Custom Rover Accessories
    Home of the D2 horn buttons

I did it, now I know why Land Rover is in trouble. I have to find another one I guess.

Manhattan Land Rover dealership needs to improve customer service. When I went there and asked for info regarding the second key I was told that I need to buy new key which they would sell me for about 400 !!!!. Then I have to take the key to locksmith to cut it ???? And then they would program it. I asked is I can buy a key on ebay? I was told "sure".
    I bought key on ebay for 100. Cut it for 2.
    Went back to dealer, stood in line for 30 minutes, was told to go to service in service I was told to bring car.
    I called another Land Rover dealership asked them about the key, was told that all I need is to bring the car. Went there was told that the key has to have a code.
    What I had learned, that Land Rover dealership employees ether have no idea what they are talking about and/or don't care about customers. Also, buying keys on ebay is not the way out. Now I have a key that I can open the door and start a car. I don't care about remote anymore. I will not ever go to Land Rover dealership again, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
    Manhattan Land Rover dealership needs to improve customer service. When I went there and asked for info regarding the second key I was told that I need to buy new key which they would sell me for about 400 !!!!. Then I have to take the key to locksmith to cut it ???? And then they would program it. I asked is I can buy a key on ebay? I was told "sure".
    I bought key on ebay for 100. Cut it for 2.
    Went back to dealer, stood in line for 30 minutes, was told to go to service in service I was told to bring car.
    I called another Land Rover dealership asked them about the key, was told that all I need is to bring the car. Went there was told that the key has to have a code.
    What I had learned, that Land Rover dealership employees ether have no idea what they are talking about and/or don't care about customers. Also, buying keys on ebay is not the way out. Now I have a key that I can open the door and start a car. I don't care about remote anymore. I will not ever go to Land Rover dealership again, ever.
    10 years later and I am still hearing horror stories about Manhattan Land Rover. The only reason they are in business is they are named Manhattan Land Rover.
    2004 DII HSE for my girlfriend, no mods, yet...
    other cars and trucks, but this is a rover board.

All the dealer need to do is use the test book to give you a new plip code for that key,and it will be programed.