Thread: Boge

Default Boge

How do i remove the rear leveler?

Default Haynes Manual

Might as well get a Haynes or even better, a factory manual. I have both, and they, combined (and with this and other forums) have covered 90% of the work. The other 10% is just knuckling down and R & D'ing is for yourself. Good luck, again, I'll report in on my rear ball joint when complete. Off to the Highland Games this weekend.

--ccec
    1993 RRC LWB -- One of many
    L-R's these past 30 years...

Quote Originally Posted by rover4x4 View Post
    How do i remove the rear leveler?

Sawzall.

You'll need a large spanner or adjustable wrench, a mallet, a 14mm and 15mm wrench, a deep 15mm socket, extensions, impact, etc. What you'll use at the top will be determined by the condition of the hardware. At the bottom you need to pry the retaining clip up that holds the lower boot in place to clear the boot from the ball joint. Using the big wrench and mallet you need to loosen the ball joint from the A-frame (you'll see what I mean once you're under the vehicle). At the top you'll need to remove the four nuts from the bolts holding the upper ball joint bracket to the crossmember. Use whatever you can. Mine were a %*#<@*$&. The boge unit will fall out at that point. The upper two bolts in the crossmember can't be removed unless you cut off the heads and pull them out towards the rear of the vehicle. I suggest a liberal dousing of penetrating fliud a few times on the upper hardware before starting.