Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ragtop install

Quote Originally Posted by Windsma View Post
    Seems i was shipped the Defender 110 top. Any way to modify it to work.. or send it back to the UK?

The new EXmoor top i bought doesnt have the recest holes in the front as pictured. Its solid across the front w/ a sewn rope inside to be tucked under the lip. When i tuck it under there.. then its not long enough to fit the door opening.
    Classic Exmoor-They are impossible to deal with. The only way to buy there stuff is through RN, otherwise be prepared to get screwed.
    Last edited by Bertha; 08-17-2010 at 06:46 AM.
    1965 109 2door hardtop (restored years ago)
    1971 88 (restored and as new)
    1967 88 (the next project)

I would send it back and get the correct one.
    If you told them the year/make/model of your truck, they should have sent you the correct top. It should fit without modifications - the Exmoor tops are expensive and modifications aren't cheap (if they're done by someone who knows what they're doing). Having someone modify the one you've been given could just F it up.

If you have a solid leading edge, it sounds like they gave you a top for the newer style Defender header, not for a Series. Mine had the holes like the one pictured.

Quote Originally Posted by Windsma View Post
    Seems i was shipped the Defender 110 top. Any way to modify it to work.. or send it back to the UK?

The new EXmoor top i bought doesnt have the recest holes in the front as pictured. Its solid across the front w/ a sewn rope inside to be tucked under the lip. When i tuck it under there.. then its not long enough to fit the door opening.

1975 Series III 88" - SOLD
    1990 RRC SWB
    1994 D90 ST
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Default Header Rail Woes

Exmoor's last batch of header rails was wrong -- the teeth are too far up. Waiting for replacement from them. New buyers should beware of this anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by wooday View Post
    I'm getting PM'd about once per week since posting about a PDF file with instructions that I have. I believe those who have received it found it useful. Can Les or someone post it here so I don't have to email it out over and over?
    Les, I sent it to you a while back. If you don't have it anymore I'll gladly send it again.
    Thx
    Has this pdf been posted somewere on this sticky ,I don't seem to see it. I don't want to pester Wooday for If its all ready on here
    Thanks Sean

twisties~South Lake Tahoe tarmac rallye style

Quote Originally Posted by stonefox View Post
    Has this pdf been posted somewere on this sticky ,I don't seem to see it. I don't want to pester Wooday for If its all ready on here
    Thanks Sean
    Hi Sean, yes I've posted this as a download on page 1 of this thread.
    Cheers, Thompson
    Art & Creative Director, Rovers Magazine
    Rovers North, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by TSR53 View Post
    Hi Sean, yes I've posted this as a download on page 1 of this thread.
    Thompson forgive my ignorance ,but I'm not seeing it.I see were you started a sticky but not a download . Sean

My wife says I can't hear, I guess I can't see as well.Thanx

Here is another PDF showing and install.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?ap...ttach_id=32122

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

^^ Linky no worky.