Thread: I am now a black belt in Defender door adjustment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's with the running board in the third picture and the front wheel?

The front wheel looks smaller doesn't it. It must be an optical delusion, because it's the same as all the rest; Nato rims, 255x85R16 Dunlop RVXT

The running boards were on it when I bought it from the salvage yard in Florida. They are 1 1/2" Box steel frames with expanded metal tops, no slipping off them, and very functional. They were obviously made by a professional fabricator. They're welded to the frame and extremely sturdy.
    My son was after me to take them off, but with the HD suspension and 255s, it makes getting in more reasonable and I've never plowed them while off road. In fact, they are so substantially built and hung, they act just like sliders. The truck used to belong to Jason Isringhausen (Tamba Bay pitcher) and was a super truck when I got it, despite the fire damage from engine bay fire.

Default Bond Auto's BETTER bulkhead clip (cheaper too)

This is WAY better than stock.

where does one buy these Bonds Auto clips ? Part # ?

the place is Bond Auto. You can google "Bond Auto" I'm very sure that they are available in all larger parts stores that have hardware bins.