Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series safety

I have Exmoor Extreme high back seats and RRC inertia seat belts mounted to a locally fabbed roll bar on my truck. I guess it feels safer. The original seat belts just popped open with a bump in the road... I'd agree with others who joke about the top speeds of these rigs, its more like keep an eye out for the other guy.

I have burly Bottorf Fab sliders (90lbs each) on my RRC and this thread makes me wonder how I'd fare if t-boned in an accident vs in a RRC w/out them. Could sliders provide greater protection in that type of accident? I hadn't thought of sliders as side-auto-collision protection before.

1975 Series III 88" - SOLD
    1990 RRC SWB
    1994 D90 ST
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Default next verse

I can go a hundred miles an hour
    Long as I got the almighty power
    Ridin on the dashboard of my car.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by LRMAN View Post
    Ted, your christian beliefs are insulting to me and therefore this entire site should be shutdown. I am on the phone with the ACLU right now.

LOL, I am usually praying for wind(sailor at heart) but I guess I will have to start praying for small soft vehicles to be driving my way.

I have looked at some of the long posts about safety. I was just looking for up to date opinions and products. I have fabricated roll cages before but that was many years ago and most of my fabrication skills go towards restoring my boat. Not a huge need for a welder. I used to use a large stick welder and I was pretty good at it. Many frames reinforced and repaired.

I did notice some info about how the LRs don't have crumple zones and therefore are much more dangerous in a crash. I guess it should not be too bad based on the fact that 99.9 percent of all vehicles on the road do and will absorb some of your impact. LR on LR crash is another story.

After spending many years on a racetrack I continue to be a very defensive driver and am always on the lookout for the other guy. Although I also believe that HP can just as easily get you out of trouble as it can get you in. We used to joke about the formula Vs(an open wheel racer with a Vdub engine). Fast enough to get you into trouble and not fast enough to get you out.

Funny stuff. I think there may be a cat-lick in the house.
    "I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow

comes in colors pink and pleasant,
    glows in the dark cause its iridescent,
    take it with you when you travel far.

-Jeff

Okay you guys are starting to creep my out singing to each other about Jesus. I'm calling foul on the song in this thread. Nothing against Jesus on your dashboard and its a nice tune, but not here.

1975 Series III 88" - SOLD
    1990 RRC SWB
    1994 D90 ST
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Nope. We've gone this far, we might as well continue on to:

When I'm in a traffic jam
    He don't care if I say "damn"
    I can let all my curses roll
    Plastic Jesus doesn't hear
    'Cause he has a plastic ear
    The man who invented plastic saved my soul

"I can't believe I'm sitting here, completely surrounded by no beer!" -Onslow