Thread: Brownchurch roof rack noise

Default Brownchurch roof rack noise

Hi Gang............I own a 2002 Disco Kalahari with a Brownchurch full rack and four lights. I want to install a wind deflector (fairing) to cut down on the wind noise. When I call Yakima or Thule they of course give me the cold shoulder because I don't own their rack. They say their wind fairings cannot fit or be modified. I think it's BS. I'm sure some of our members have installed a wind fairing on their roof rack other then a Yakima or Thule. Would greatly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks, Stevelg

Get yourself to Homo-Depot and grab apiece of clear lexan, some steel corner reinforcements (used on wooden boxes that are falling apart, and they are usually galvanized too) some screws, lock nuts, washers, a drill, zip ties, a lexan cutter, drill bits and perhaps some 1/4" ID rubber hose (to use as edge trim if that floats your boat) a razor knife, and contact cement to hold the aforementioned hose in place.

Then stop at the package store for some beer.

I think the rest is easy...
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

yakima really does'nt have what you want, not wide enough.
    custom one would be a better bet.
    the lexan idea ,good ..marc
    www.singingcamel.com

I think Patron tequila would be more in order. I'll try a local plastic shop to see if they can custom make one for me. If it cost me $100, it's worth it!
    Thanks, SteveG