Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: The plot tickens (series III backfire/idle, brakes)

Quote Originally Posted by amcordo View Post
    11 pages in...

So Nick. Tell us how you feel about Land Rover.
    LOL, that was mean!

Probably feels the same as we all have (and will again) at one time or another.

Haha, it wasn't intended to be mean! You know - misery loves company as I look at my current crap list:
    need to re-route exhaust
    need to rewire cooling fan
    need to overhaul brakes
    need to pull trans to replace third gear and overhaul
    need to paint
    need to reupholster roof
    need to replace window frames
    need to replace shocks
    need to re-wire vehicle with modern electric safety standards
    I don't have the paper list on me, but I know there's a lot more...

God I love to hate this tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by bmohan55 View Post
    LOL, that was mean!

Probably feels the same as we all have (and will again) at one time or another.

Its funny, someone at work today asked me "why are you doing this? Why did you get into it in the first place and why don't you sell it and cut your losses?"

My response "you'll never get it"

After getting really frustrated (the genesis of this thread), I took a step back, reminded myself of the point of own a rover and just let it roll off my back. Even last night after paying the guy $200, as soon as I'm behind the wheel I have a mild wide grin like a little kid that makes it all worth it.

Nium - regarding the lead, I do have the lead that is integrated with the condenser. The crimped end still did not fit through the hole in the dizzy.

I'm planning on getting under the hood tonight to try and determine what they did - still can't get a clear answer out of them... mechanics, almost worse than doctors

Quote Originally Posted by NickDawson View Post
    Nium - regarding the lead, I do have the lead that is integrated with the condenser. The crimped end still did not fit through the hole in the dizzy.
    Oops, sorry I misunderstood what you had meant when you wrote that you had to cut the crimped end. My bad.
    Walker
    1968 Series IIA-"Ronnie"
    88" SW, 2.25L Petrol, LHD

Quote Originally Posted by Nium View Post
    Oops, sorry I misunderstood what you had meant when you wrote that you had to cut the crimped end. My bad.
    Think we *are* saying the same thing. The crimped end was too large to fit through the dizzy. I had to cut it, pass it through and crimp a new end on before attaching to the coil. (the other end was pre-attached to the condenser)